Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Where did he confirm this?

in his Radio Derby interview. Said we'd sent everything to the EFL on Friday, but we're having to wait because of the restrictions we're working under. (I think that's a quote.) And that we'd hopefully now find out on Monday if he's allowed to sign.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

in his Radio Derby interview. Said we'd sent everything to the EFL on Friday, but we're having to wait because of the restrictions we're working under. (I think that's a quote.) And that we'd hopefully now find out on Monday if he's allowed to sign.

Thanks , what would the likelihood be of them saying no? With it being a free and we've sold and not really spent anything? 

50 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm confused. I thought we were free to operate without restrictions?

Also, if we can't sign Gayle how ok earth would we have been able to sign Michael Smith?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm confused. I thought we were free to operate without restrictions?

Also, if we can't sign Gayle how ok earth would we have been able to sign Michael Smith?

We are under restrictions until the end of the season - that's not changed. Quite clearly part of those restrictions involve clearing signings with the pond-life running the EFL before we can formally sign anyone.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve been told the EFL are trying to block this deal 

The CEO said we had wages/funding for a striker on deadline day so it’s hard to see how it would not be outside of budget.

Grounds to block it would need to be something else. (Wrong pen colour used on the form?)

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Why wouldn't he be fit, he's been playing paddle every week. If I played paddle once I'd treat myself to a cream cake for having exercised, even if it was for only half an hour and I'd hit the ball a couple of times.

He has been in & around the Stoke squad all season too so you would think he will be pretty fit, only missed a couple of weeks training but i doubt he has been lounging around for weeks, he will have kept himself in a decent shape

40 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

We are under restrictions until the end of the season - that's not changed. Quite clearly part of those restrictions involve clearing signings with the pond-life running the EFL before we can formally sign anyone.

Can only imagine that maybe we’re offering a big bonus at the start of next season in a way to get round the financials. 

Might be complete poo by me but can’t see what the issue can be seeing as we got wonga for Bird.