Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

53 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Vale have offered him an 18 months contract, according to the S-o-T jungle drums. 

(EDIT: that’s from my brother in Newcastle under Lyme)

Does he want to drop into League 2 when there's a fair chance he could be playing Championship football next season?

I wouldn't oppose handing him an 18-month contract. We only have one striker for the next season, Wash. Collins, Waggy, and TJJ are all running out of contract. So, we are looking for 3-4 new contracts and/or players in the summer and Gayle surely could be one of them.

It depends on his wishes and wages, but surely he is worth considering.

59 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I wouldn't oppose handing him an 18-month contract. We only have one striker for the next season, Wash. Collins, Waggy, and TJJ are all running out of contract. So, we are looking for 3-4 new contracts and/or players in the summer and Gayle surely could be one of them.

It depends on his wishes and wages, but surely he is worth considering.

He cant be asking for too much if it has been agreed with the club as they are saying. 18 month contract would suit both very well i think 

Not entirely relevant now but I've just realised that Dwight Gayle is another player that got picked up by Peterborough from the lower leagues then sold on for a fat profit a short time later. They manage to get one every season....another being Jack Marriott of course. 

Could we maybe try and buy someone cheap and sell them for lots of money? I'll put a note in Dave Clowes' suggestion box.

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He has nowhere near the build up or control ability of McGoldrick.  He will score a few though as he could find space and will still find it at League 1 given the chances on the deck.

So… you saying he’s kack or L1 Star striker? 

26 minutes ago, SKRam said:

He’s picked his shirt number…..  clearly guaranteed signing…… but what is the number my Rambling friends……. 
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Options are 

15, 18, 21, 25, 28, 29, 30, 33 and then from 36 onwards. 

His previous numbers have been 

9, 11, 12, 16, 20 and 34 

my guess is 15 for how much goals he’s gonna score for us.