Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rick Parry when he sees Derby ask to sign a free agent because they literally don’t have a single striker, having sold Max Bird for millions and spent none of it:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

This really made me laugh lol!! Tbf though it sounds like from one of the articles about Gayle we had a lad from Blackburn lined up... Harry Leonard but they pulled the deal last minute!! 

Wasn't there something odd about the CBT deal with Charlton ?

Something Charlton said about it's a loan deal rather than a permanent signing to help us with the business plan ?

So God knows what fine details remain with the EFL

Edited by SamUltraRam

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Wasn't there something odd about the CBT deal with Charlton ?

Something Charlton said about it's a loan deal rather than a permanent signing to help us with the business plan ?

So God knows what fine details remain with the EFL

Pearce explained this in his radio derby interview.

Basically we had reached the limit we were allowed in our wage budget (for contracted players). So we did a deal with Charlton where we pay them a lump sum which covers a loan fee and his remaining months wages. Then come the summer when our agreed business plan ends, we can add him to our books.

That's how I interpreted it anyway. 

27 minutes ago, David said:

Am I right in saying it was submitted to the EFL on Friday, and it's only Monday dinner time now?

I don't think the EFL's refusal to open the offices over the weekend to go through paperwork is something we should be taking personally.

When you spend your weekend on forums and social media, I can see how it feels like a long time, but in reality it's not.

If we get to midweek and nothing, then yeah, start to question why the hold up, until then, just relax.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's at Moor Farm today with the rest of the players, integrating himself, how often do we see pictures of new signings that have been training all day prior to announcements.

PW said in his interview...he hoped to have good news when coming to work this Morning concerning DG, It looks as tho DCFC have done the leg work, We've been told that the EFL are helping out...So

Why has this not been rubber stamped 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, TF Ram said:

Pearce explained this in his radio derby interview.

Basically we had reached the limit we were allowed in our wage budget (for contracted players). So we did a deal with Charlton where we pay them a lump sum which covers a loan fee and his remaining months wages. Then come the summer when our agreed business plan ends, we can add him to our books.

That's how I interpreted it anyway. 

I wonder if that's the problem then, we would have to give Gayle a contract & the EFL say that we've already reached the limit - but we explain that we've sold Bird & we have no fit strikers so please let us sign him ?

Maybe we'll have to give him a 'week to week' contract to get around it

Edited by SamUltraRam

10 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I wonder if that's the problem then, we would have to give Gayle a contract & the EFL say that we've already reached the limit - but we explain that we've sold Bird & we have no fit strikers so please let us sign him ?

Maybe we'll have to give him a 'week to week' contract to get around it

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect the EFL to have too much sympathy with the fact that we’ve not got any fit strikers nor would I expect Gayle to be too interested in a ‘week to week’ contract if other clubs have made him an offer given he could be “let go” once Washington and Waghorn are back.

I reckon our best hope is they allow a little flexibility to our business plan if we can prove we’re doing better financially than the plan originally forecast.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, CapeTownRams said:

I think the key here is that we aren’t now paying Max Bird’s wages….. Bristol Titty are.

Mind u, maybe some or all of that ‘saving’ was utilized elsewhere (eg Adams)….

Do we know that for a fact?

12 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Didn't we have wages for a loan striker 3 weeks ago? Don't understand the problem.

He wouldn't be a loan and so the money would have to come out of the 'permanent' pot - plus the EFL like to let us know who's in charge and throw their weight around....

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

He wouldn't be a loan and so the money would have to come out of the 'permanent' pot - plus the EFL like to let us know who's in charge and throw their weight around....

I've always assumed it was less of a loan vs permanent pot, and more of a this season vs next season onwards pot. So we can spend the money we know we have this year (we know what league we're in, how many season tickets we've sold etc) but we're more restricted in terms of committing to spending money we might not actually have next season.  It's just easier to describe it as a loan pot vs a transfer pot because loans tend to be this season only, where as transfers are normally going to be multi-year contracts.  *If* that's the case, then a contract until the end of the season should fall into the "loan" pot.

It's ridiculous if the EFL are holding this up. 

They have no right to be hand holding us now. We have a new owner, we took our punishment in the form of a 21 point deduction, relegation and narrowly avoiding liquidation.

Were QPR restricted when they returned to the Championship after breaking FFP to get promoted (over us)? How about Everton, Forest or Man City by the Premier League?

It feels like there are special rules that apply to us that no one else has to abide by.