Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

11 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

They have to agree to it as well, so was released I guess. Was about to sign for port vale so am hoping people temper their expectations slightly. Is not the Dwight Gayle of years ago scoring 20 a season in the championship.

hopefully does a job for us!

Less than half a season so 10 will do ! 🤣

9 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

They have to agree to it as well, so was released I guess. Was about to sign for port vale so am hoping people temper their expectations slightly. Is not the Dwight Gayle of years ago scoring 20 a season in the championship.

hopefully does a job for us!

Interestingly, I just watched his YouTube highlights reel from 4 years ago and not a single goal was from pure speed, instead all about quickness of thought. I’m not sure what’s happened to him to reflect the recent dreadful goal scoring stats but it isn’t down to loss of pace. Hopefully the he why wall can sort it out pretty quickly. 

Just now, Taribo said:

Interestingly, I just watched his YouTube highlights reel from 4 years ago and not a single goal was from pure speed, instead all about quickness of thought. I’m not sure what’s happened to him to reflect the recent dreadful goal scoring stats but it isn’t down to loss of pace. Hopefully the he why wall can sort it out pretty quickly. 

I'm hoping we play to his strengths rather than make him fit our formation (whatever that is). He won't have lost his ability I bet it's more to do with how he's been played.

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

No silly 18 month deal either.  He will want to win a longer deal.  If I recall rightly he wasn't just a speed merchant but has some good skill. A decent touch, ability to be in the right areas and reasonable scoring instinct go a long way in this division.

Hopefully we'll find out how to play to his strengths. Bring Brown back on the bench be patient for Wagginton.

He’s got very quick feet in the same way that McDick has so if we can serve the right service - & that could be an issue - I think he’ll score goals.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Awww, you just can't help getting your little digs in so like to show my appreciation as to how much your posts continue to amuse me  😂

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

But the point I made was totally valid, although we could always do with another fullback. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

45 minutes ago, Taribo said:

That's an interesting video. Rough count 6 right foot goals, 4 left foot, 5 headers. No net busters. Mostly calm, place the ball in the net shots from 18 yds or less.
Seems like he's an intelligent goal poacher. 
You'd think that with NML & Barks feeding him, he should get 5-6 goals between now and the end of the season. 

30 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Sorry.... I just meant he's relatively small for a striker 🙂

Don’t apologise…. I’m 5. 9 and I just wear my cubans to compensate. Easy 

Happy Let'S Go GIF by Mason Ramsey

I think people are focusing too much on his goals. Yes he's coming in to be a striker, but his link up play is where he shines most these days. I think he's gonna be the clever link between NML and whoever else plays in attack with him. Ofcourse we hope he will contribute to the goal tally, but he has come in and has qualities that none of our strikers do, and in this league, its a big signing even at his age.

Looking forward to seeing his first game 👌