Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

23 hours ago, rammieib said:

But what price is too high?

If they want 500k and we’re not prepared to go that far, it’s awful from us.

If Warne believes he can add to us and he’s a Championship level player, then pay Championship level fees.

If Cardiff are wanting seven figures, I get it but if not, we’re wasting too much time on messing around over 200 or 300k.

I hope you want to buy my house next time I flit.

Put some clever structuring in there and get it done. I think he is an important signing for us, he was a bit of a talisman and his being in the team next year carries a certain momentum and consistency.

Ultimately even £750k for a first team regular in this division isn't overpriced, but if we can't/won't pay that then we should be able to table something that is both appealing and also delays some payment until we are happy/in a position to do so.

Another £250k in the event of us staying up, or even stick one in for going up within 5 years - we can easily sp*nk £500k of any potential Premier League windfall then on the offchance it happens.

15 hours ago, Rample said:

Put some clever structuring in there and get it done. I think he is an important signing for us, he was a bit of a talisman and his being in the team next year carries a certain momentum and consistency.

Ultimately even £750k for a first team regular in this division isn't overpriced, but if we can't/won't pay that then we should be able to table something that is both appealing and also delays some payment until we are happy/in a position to do so.

Another £250k in the event of us staying up, or even stick one in for going up within 5 years - we can easily sp*nk £500k of any potential Premier League windfall then on the offchance it happens.

I don’t think we should be paying much for Adams. Yes he was amazing for us, but that was in league 1. He barely featured in the championship, and I doubt he has a future at Cardiff. It isn’t like he is 21 either. 500k would be more than fair.

16 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

I don’t think we should be paying much for Adams. Yes he was amazing for us, but that was in league 1. He barely featured in the championship, and I doubt he has a future at Cardiff. It isn’t like he is 21 either. 500k would be more than fair.

He'd been injured.

500K is fair i agree but if it was just an extra 100 or 150K to get it done I'd say get it done as he's a big influence and character and 650 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things especially with the Kellyman extra money 

Whilst I enjoyed and appreciate what he did for the promotion push last year I think we should stick to our guns.

In his career he has been a National League and League 2 player other than when he came to us.

The championship is another step up for him at 28 years of age, would like us to sign him but on our terms not Cardiffs.

On 27/06/2024 at 20:00, S8TY said:

Let's get this right Ebou is a very important signing for this Club 

He is an international and his work rate alone is worth 500k 

Lets not pretend its ok if we don't sign him  we'd be very disappointed if we didn't get him , if the difference is 150k lets say i say just getit done 

we have earnt a bit of money from Kellymann  and Ebou is not a gamble we know exactly what we are getting    

Agree we should sign him,  yes he’s an international but for The Gambia, a tiny country who are 132nd in FIFAs world ranking. I reckon I could get in their team, well, if it wasn’t for my age and my three knee replacements. Oh and my bad back….

13 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree we should sign him,  yes he’s an international but for The Gambia, a tiny country who are 132nd in FIFAs world ranking. I reckon I could get in their team, well, if it wasn’t for my age and my three knee replacements. Oh and my bad back….

Assuming you aren’t Gambian, that might be the biggest hurdle of all! 

I agree with what has been said, fair enough he is on the books of a rival Championship team but he hasn't even made a dozen appearances at that level. £500k would be the max I would go to. We certainly shouldn't be held to ransom by Cardiff, if they are playing hard ball over the fee move on to other targets.

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

500K is fair i agree but if it was just an extra 100 or 150K to get it done I'd say get it done as he's a big influence and character and 650 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things especially with the Kellyman extra money 

What if that £150k could be better spent elsewhere and is the difference between us signing a top end CF or not? Or we think we can get a better CM for £650k?

Everyone has there price and so far, Cardiff are asking for more than we're prepared to pay for him.

I really want us to sign this guy but lets not be held to ransom if the numbers don't add up. Wiser heads than mine at the club will know what we can afford and are prepared to pay and indeed what we have offered and what Cardiff may have said they demand. Unfortunately, if Cardiff are being unrealistic about the value of a peripheral player to a mid-table side, who is in the last year of his contract and who they were happy to loan out last year, then we have to grudgingly look at other targets.

As Adams perfectly illustrated in his loan spell last season though, that combative all-action midfielder is exactly what we need though, but what we can't let happen is a divisional rival piss us about until our alternatives have all been snapped up. This role and better forward options will be massive factors in our chances this year. Failure to properly fill either will leave us with a big problems.

DCFC know the numbers and we don't so we just have to trust the club to be making the right calls on this one. BAFO time I guess.

The fee isn't going to be derived on what we can pay, nor what we value Adams at. The fee is going to be simple postering from both sides, one side want to make as much as possible on their asset and the other wants to sign an asset as little as possible. 

As I said, I am 99.9% sure that Adams will be a Derby player but there will be plenty of back and forth before that happens. The value of Adams in a Paul Warne's Derby side was evident last season, League One or not, he addressed the balance of the team and we won promotion on the back of it. It doesn't happen without him. 

I even think this could go until after the start of the season, but ultimately the outcome by the start of September will be Adams in a Derby shirt. Mark my words.  

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What if that £150k could be better spent elsewhere and is the difference between us signing a top end CF or not? Or we think we can get a better CM for £650k?

Everyone has there price and so far, Cardiff are asking for more than we're prepared to pay for him.

150 is not a lot extra if that's what it takes I don't mean spend silly money or go over budget 

For me 500k is enough but if it took another 100-150 to get it done i'd say go for it because he's influential and makes a big difference 

He's not as much of a gamble as someone who's never played for us and still think he'll play a pivotal role in our first season back, he's a proper 100 per cent type of player and we need those sort of characters 

could say the same about a 500k fee or a 650k fee it could be better spent elsewhere but if thats the difference between getting him or not i'd say the extra 100-150 is money well spent  if that is all it took 

Just now, S8TY said:

150 is not a lot extra if that's what it takes I don't mean spend silly money or go over budget 

For me 500k is enough but if it took another 100-150 to get it done i'd say go for it because he's influential and makes a big difference 

He's not as much of a gamble as someone who's never played for us and still think he'll play a pivotal role in our first season back, he's a proper 100 per cent type of player and we need those sort of characters 

could say the same about a 500k fee or a 650k fee it could be better spent elsewhere but if thats the difference between getting him or not i'd say the extra 100-150 is money well spent  if that is all it took 

Should we start crowdfunding now?

28 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I really want us to sign this guy but lets not be held to ransom if the numbers don't add up. Wiser heads than mine at the club will know what we can afford and are prepared to pay and indeed what we have offered and what Cardiff may have said they demand. Unfortunately, if Cardiff are being unrealistic about the value of a peripheral player to a mid-table side, who is in the last year of his contract and who they were happy to loan out last year, then we have to grudgingly look at other targets.

As Adams perfectly illustrated in his loan spell last season though, that combative all-action midfielder is exactly what we need though, but what we can't let happen is a divisional rival piss us about until our alternatives have all been snapped up. This role and better forward options will be massive factors in our chances this year. Failure to properly fill either will leave us with a big problems.

DCFC know the numbers and we don't so we just have to trust the club to be making the right calls on this one. BAFO time I guess.

To be fair we don’t know we are being held to ransom do we? Random posters coming up with random figures.

Posted (edited)

In this thread: all the world's shittest negotiators gathered in one place.

Of course we'll sign this guy. And our transfer team will do their best to keep the cost down. Doesn't matter if it's today or the end of August.

Edited by Thierry Ennui

Perhaps the extra bunce we are due to get from the first instalment of the Kellyman transfer to Chelsea might free up some extra cash for Ebou? If Chelski pay 25% as a first instalment and the sell-on is 15% then we could be looking at £700k soon that we can't have budgeted for.

This is a who blinks first scenario. If Ebou wants it enough then we will likely get him, unless Cardiff are asking ridiculous money.

Would also expect us to be linked to DMs in the media as we move through July to force their hand.