Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

1 minute ago, Returning ram said:

I take it you're not going to the game then. There is one thing drawing attention to their plight, another disrupting a game in which fans have paid money, taken time off work etc... 

Am I not allowed to have an opinion regardless?

I've been to more than enough away games to understand the commitment it requires. 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Am I not allowed to have an opinion regardless?

I've been to more than enough away games to understand the commitment it requires. 

You are, when you are saying though that "we should support them", it works both ways, especially when you aren't even there.

Had you said you'd support them fair enough, but your trying to advocate that  we should support the disruption, which imo is not what the majority of fans travelling down tonight would want.

50 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As much as it would be annoying to travel all that way for it to be abandoned, I think we should wholeheartedly support any attempt to draw attention to their plight. 

Moral support yes. Join in any anti EFL chants etc. yes. Join them on a march of protest (if I was already in the area) yes. But support their attempts to get the game postponed no. I think I'd be a bit more that "annoyed" if I'd spent time and money travelling to Reading and back only for the game to be abandoned especially as I'd have to spend the same on travelling and only get a match ticket at half price for the rearranged game.

8 hours ago, Srg said:

I'm going to be a bit of a Debbie Downer about tonight. They're a pretty young, athletic team. That, as we've seen with Peterborough, is the thing we struggle with the most. Definitely is a cause for concern for me.

IMG_0691.jpeg

29 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m accidentally in reading. I’ve been working here today. Didn’t even realise the match was on this evening. On my way home, but need a charge. The first charger I’ve gone to is taken, so the second charger I navigated to happened to be outside the stadium. And then it hit me that the match is on today  

my wife is expecting me home in 3 hrs. But this feels like fate is telling me I have to go to the match. 

Bit of advice...nip into Burger King and order a WHOPPA!! 😁

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m accidentally in reading. I’ve been working here today. Didn’t even realise the match was on this evening. On my way home, but need a charge. The first charger I’ve gone to is taken, so the second charger I navigated to happened to be outside the stadium. And then it hit me that the match is on today  

my wife is expecting me home in 3 hrs. But this feels like fate is telling me I have to go to the match. 

I read that as ‘my wife is expecting in 3 hours’. Then you would be in trouble for going to the game. 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

See my post above.

And, to be consistent, when a train I'm due to travel on is cancelled because of strikes, I don't blame the workers.

There's plenty of notice of rail strikes though. You might feel differently if you'd been travelling for 20 minutes or so and then told the train wasn't going any further due to impromptu strike action. Especially if they told you that you wouldn't get a refund - just 50% off the cost of making the journey again.