Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

On 20/01/2024 at 17:52, Jimbo Ram said:

The game would be replayed wouldn’t it…don’t think you could have a situation where Reading  lead 2-0, their fans get the game abandoned and then get the 3 points 😊

Think if fans invade again and get it stopped the opposing teams should  get the 3points, would think twice if that happened.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

I agree. I wanted Sibley to take the corners and Hourihane to stand 2 yards outside the penalty area from where he can do the most damage.

I like our skipper, he can play an accurate pass, an accurate cross and has a good shot on him, but those corners really aren’t very good .. yes in the right place, yes consistent, but for me too often floating and easy for the GK .. prefer sibs or ward, both can get pace and more threatening trajectory. No empirical evidence for this statement just a gut comment ? 

46 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is from the protest group that led the previous pitch invasion. Hopefully they have the ear of the Reading supporters.

I think the EFL should be coming out and making a public announcement about the consequences of any more pitch invasions or abandonments including arresting anyone encroaching on the pitch.

Failure to comply with this should result in them having to play behind closed doors.

8 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm not sure why Sibley doesn't take some of the free kicks and corners when he's on the pitch - mix it up a bit with Hourihane. 

That way the ones that Hourihane takes later in the game when Sibley's gone off might be better, too. 

How do you know that Hourihane will still be on the pitch after Sibley has gone? .............. Oh wait .......................

Just now, DavesaRam said:

My bad. But it was still Sibley first to get pulled. Again. Despite playing well.

He played ok in my view, he wasn't exactly tearing it up, but there were plenty of candidates in the same bracket, that's true.

8 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Plus... if we win by 2 goals.. The Rams will be TOP OF THE LEAGUE

sounds good dunnit?

If we win, we go top regardless.

We'll be level with Pompey, but we already have a superior GD.
We'll be 1 point ahead of Posh (who do have a better GD, currently by the solitary goal, and will also then have a game in hand over us),

Any win will do.  🐏