Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Just now, norwichram said:

FB just posted a picture of The number 27 short in the green kit with Blackett Taylor’s  name on it on a changing room peg .. 

He’s been 23 at most clubs but Ward already has that one. 

I’m accidentally in reading. I’ve been working here today. Didn’t even realise the match was on this evening. On my way home, but need a charge. The first charger I’ve gone to is taken, so the second charger I navigated to happened to be outside the stadium. And then it hit me that the match is on today  

my wife is expecting me home in 3 hrs. But this feels like fate is telling me I have to go to the match. 

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Any attempt, really, we went through horrendous times and never once threatened to get a game abandoned.

Doesn't mean our way was the only way though. Like saying the only way to protest against injustice is to do it in a way that inconveniences nobody. 

If it was the difference between my club surviving and going to the dogs, I'd do it every single time. I don't blame Reading fans one bit for doing everything they can to save their club.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Doesn't mean our way was the only way though. Like saying the only way to protest against injustice is to do it in a way that inconveniences nobody. 

If it was the difference between my club surviving and going to the dogs, I'd do it every single time. I don't blame Reading fans one bit for doing everything they can to save our club.

They aren’t going to save their club by bringing it into disrepute.

20 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Any attempt, really, we went through horrendous times and never once threatened to get a game abandoned.

As I understand, they wanted to get some national publicity for their plight.

We didn't need to do that as we got the publicity in other ways, Rooney, the march, MP's etc

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If it was the difference between my club surviving and going to the dogs, I'd do it every single time. I don't blame Reading fans one bit for doing everything they can to save their club.

Are you here.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

They aren’t going to save their club by bringing it into disrepute.

I don't see it as bringing the club into disrepute because I don't think they're doing anything morally wrong. Others may disagree of course.

One thing it has done is bring far more attention to the situation. I knew the fans were dissatisfied, but I only realised how bad it was getting when I saw them invading the pitch.

Now, I'm not going to see that and be able to save the club, but far wealthier people than I may do. And it has multiplying effects too - I'm sure the national media are more likely to pick up on the situation when the fans invade the pitch, and that spreads the news further still.

40 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As much as it would be annoying to travel all that way for it to be abandoned, I think we should wholeheartedly support any attempt to draw attention to their plight. 

I take it you're not going to the game then. There is one thing drawing attention to their plight, another disrupting a game in which fans have paid money, taken time off work etc... 

2 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

As I understand, they wanted to get some national publicity for their plight.

We didn't need to do that as we got the publicity in other ways, Rooney, the march, MP's etc

They also did those things, still no need to disrupt and disrespect other fans.