Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

33 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m accidentally in reading. I’ve been working here today. Didn’t even realise the match was on this evening. On my way home, but need a charge. The first charger I’ve gone to is taken, so the second charger I navigated to happened to be outside the stadium. And then it hit me that the match is on today  

my wife is expecting me home in 3 hrs. But this feels like fate is telling me I have to go to the match. 

It is your destiny my friend. The Rams need you. You can tell people the story in years to come, how you were drawn to the game where Derby went top of the league and then went on to romp to the title. 

21 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

You are, when you are saying though that "we should support them", it works both ways, especially when you aren't even there.

Had you said you'd support them fair enough, but your trying to advocate that  we should support the disruption, which imo is not what the majority of fans travelling down tonight would want.

Fair.

41 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m accidentally in reading. I’ve been working here today. Didn’t even realise the match was on this evening. On my way home, but need a charge. The first charger I’ve gone to is taken, so the second charger I navigated to happened to be outside the stadium. And then it hit me that the match is on today  

my wife is expecting me home in 3 hrs. But this feels like fate is telling me I have to go to the match. 

50 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Expect it’ll be fate that she’s got a frying pan in hand when you roll in past midnight! 😆

34 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Doesn't mean our way was the only way though. Like saying the only way to protest against injustice is to do it in a way that inconveniences nobody. 

If it was the difference between my club surviving and going to the dogs, I'd do it every single time. I don't blame Reading fans one bit for doing everything they can to save their club.

They save their club when Dai decides to sell or puts them into administration. There are a few problems with that...

1. Does Dai care about selling them? Or will he eventually put Reading into admin like he has done woth other clubs in the past?

2. The Club doesn't own their training ground or stadium.

3. The Club is £100m in debt (predominantly to Dai)

Even if someone bought them out of admin (probable cost around £15m), Dai would still demand at least £30m for the stadium and training ground. Admin would also make them a L2 club.

Reading need a local businessman to step up. No one without an attachment to Reading will buy them in their current state, so their fans pitch invading isn't going to make any difference.

Wonder if bird playing further forward with Thompson playing deeper with hourihane?

didn’t think sibley was great on Saturday in the 10 role.

expecting barks to have a good game, competition generally improves players

I’m in. The universe is definitely telling me to go. Even the nice lady in the car park let me in without having to pay for parking. The universe wants me here for a reason. Hopefully ti witness something spectacular.

im not sure if my wife wants me here though. I’ve got radio silence from her. I’m not sure what reception I’m going to get when I rock up at 1am. 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

My friend had a great pick up line ,,

are you looking for the best sex you’ve had in your life tonight???? ( reply ) NO,

great ,,, grab your coat love

Still not as good as “Hold me pint, I’m going for a sh!t”!

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Disappointed not to see him thrown in straight away. 

yeah it’s not like we’ve got a complicated Pep-style system to adapt to. Ball will be punted forward, run after it, get it wide and ping it into the box. Repeat. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m in. The universe is definitely telling me to go. Even the nice lady in the car park let me in without having to pay for parking. The universe wants me here for a reason. Hopefully ti witness something spectacular.

im not sure if my wife wants me here though. I’ve got radio silence from her. I’m not sure what reception I’m going to get when I rock up at 1am. 

That's future TigerTedd's problem. Screw that guy.

You are present TigerTedd. Enjoy the match.

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It won't matter when we are top of the league 😏