Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

I think we need to freshen up the midfield in this one I’d start Thommo in a midfield 3 with Bird and Hourihane 

I do think if we play 2 in there it will be same as Saturday and will leave us susceptible to counters through our middle 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don't think Sibley had the best of games, but I would say he did better than John-Jules. It was only his 1st league start since December 9th (a game he scored in)

I'm not sure why Sibley doesn't take some of the free kicks and corners when he's on the pitch - mix it up a bit with Hourihane. 

That way the ones that Hourihane takes later in the game when Sibley's gone off might be better, too. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not sure why Sibley doesn't take some of the free kicks and corners when he's on the pitch - mix it up a bit with Hourihane. 

That way the ones that Hourihane takes later in the game when Sibley's gone off might be better, too. 

I agree. I wanted Sibley to take the corners and Hourihane to stand 2 yards outside the penalty area from where he can do the most damage.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

If Sibley takes the corners, it allows CH to position himself on the edge of the area, waiting for a loose ball or a direct pass from Sibley.

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree. I wanted Sibley to take the corners and Hourihane to stand 2 yards outside the penalty area from where he can do the most damage.

Derby need quick players on the edge of the box.

On 21/01/2024 at 11:24, Tamworthram said:

Knowing how they've treated us in the past (some of it justified before we get accused of having a persecution complex), if it was abandoned after 16 minutes with Reading 1:0 up they'd probably award them the 3 points. 

Knowing how they've treated us in the past, if it was abandoned after 16 minutes with Derby 1:0 up they'd probably award Reading the 3 points. 

On 20/01/2024 at 17:08, Boycie said:

Let’s Royally rock this lot at their place.

Hopefully we might have a new winger who can get a shot off on goal.

Windsor important in Jan, we need to win.

Gotta say, it's a bloody good job King @David provides us all with a direct link to the fixture list.  🙄

I've said too much.  etc.

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Knowing how they've treated us in the past, if it was abandoned after 16 minutes with Derby 1:0 up they'd probably award Reading the 3 points. 

If it was abaondoned after 50 minutes with us 5-0 up, we'd be deducted 3 points. Reason being that clearly the actions of the Derby County and its players could be seen to be 'taking the piss' out of disadvantaged Reading, thus inciting their fans and therefore causing the pitch invasion.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Can't attend due to work but will be watching on Rams TV , I wonder though if this game will get disrupted 🤔

We have a chance of going Top of the League so if they can stop us with protests etc then will gain more attention than playing a middle of the league team 

I’d start Sibbo again. Rotate Hourihane for Thompson later in the game if need be. Sibley did ok against Lincoln. Not too different to Hourihane who appears to have more play as he takes all the free kicks and corners and sometimes comes for the ball right at the back. Though Sibley missed a glaring pass out to Barks in the early stages of the second half that would have put Barks in on goal.