Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Bugger, sounds like we had an off day. When that happens you have to make sure you at least take something from the game. Another point nearer promotion, onwards and upwards. 

Did we make sure we took something from the game, or did Lincoln do that for us?

Edited by May Contain Nuts

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Poor that unfortunately feels like a result that shows we aren’t top 2 material

Why does it? Portsmouth, Bolton and Posh have all drawn and lost games this season, do you think after each of those results they’ve decided top 2 is beyond them? Nothing is decided today. 

We had a below par performance with a passable result. Take the point and move on. Still plenty of points to be gained before the season ends and as it stands we’re 3 points off Portsmouth with a game in hand.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Here they are. They’re back. Set your watch lads. 

It’s genuinely unreal. Nothing wrong with criticism of the performance and result today based on certain observations, same again for those sharing concerns about the lack of control in midfield, all valid concerns with evidence to back it up…but writing off top 2, the rest of the season, our ability to sign players (when it’s widely reported we’re about to sign one for a fee the first time since 2020) etc just feels dramatic for the sake of it to me 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, May Contain Nuts said:

Did we make sure we took something from the game, or did Lincoln?

Fair point. Unfortunately I can't answer that as I didn't see the game. Reading on here it could very well be perceived that way. Either way I'll except the point and move on to the next one. We can't change the result now

Brrr, that was cold 🥶 

Good entertaining 0-0 draw that was, they had chances, however as alluded to by PW previously, he sets us up to go for the win rather than take a draw. Another point on the road, unbeaten run extended, would have wanted 3pts but it's unrealistic to win every game.

Not going to read through match thread, as can imagine some of the OTT reactions, we are out of the promotion race, it was dreadful (welcome to Div 1 football) blah blah blah.

Hopefully a couple of new faces soon to freshen the squad.