Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

1 hour ago, David said:

After saying our style of play isn't producing results, it's difficult to complain about style of play when we're winning.

Criticism of post match comments is the logical next step until we lose again and style of play becomes an issue.

Haters Gonna Hate GIF

I had to smile at the match yesterday at the group of lads belting out Paul Warne’s black and white army songs, the same lads that were singing Paul Warne your football is s***, a few weeks ago🙄

Anyone that doesn't quite get PW; listen to the podcast series 'Moment Of Truth' that covers the season he was managing Rotherham.

I think it's refreshing to have a manager that speaks so openly about his emotions and his players.

It is simply ridiculous to suggest that he was speaking about Sibley in a negative way. Only PW truly knows his players and understands the banter they can take.

Even many on here have had a go about him about his choice of head-wear. Anything for a cheap shot.

Having now caught up on the latter 4 or 5 pages...

I love the term "Ramily".  Don't be surprised to see me plagiarising that soon and often on here.

I truly believe... hand on heart... that PW's "humour" is known, understood, appreciated by, and acceptable to the vast majority... if not all... of the players and backroom staff.  It's merely a case of "getting to know him", which appears to now be the case.  I therefore truly believe that when he makes a "tongue-in-cheek dig" at a player, they don't take it personally and/or in a negative way, and also know that he does so purely and solely to wind up @RoyMac5... and he's doing a fantastic job of it, it has to be said.  
I bet that WhatsApp group is full of pointy/laughy emojis!  👀

PW gets a 5* rating from me, on that score.  Top Wummery, sir.  🤣

4 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think 'pro-Warne' is a misnomer. I think most who have remained supportive, did so because they felt another change in manager was setting the club up for another yet more time wasted on the merry-go-round and also that the team's form was not so awful that he warranted sacking anyway. I think very few have blindly followed Warne, but rather have simply stuck with him and it's nice to see some return for their patience, with the lads performing better and the forum less fighty. Steady improvement and some consistency obviously makes it a deal easier to retain faith than it has been for much of the first half of the season, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone doing victory laps, to be fair, which is to their credit after some of the nonsense we've seen levelled at them. 

I hope Warne sticks with the 4 at the back because we look defensively sound. This is backed up with our current Goal difference being joint best in League one. He still tinkers in matches though, even against Orient in 72 minute bringing on Sonny Bradley and switching to a back 3. For a short period straight after the subs being on Orient had chances then against them pushing for a goal we breakaway and seal the game. Why not just bring Bradley on and rest Cashin and stick with a back 4 ? I wish Warne would bin the 3 at the back, stick with what the team are managing better defensively. Just adapt Mr Warne and don't tinker like you did last season when we fell away after having a long unbeaten run.

Then I might become a Pro-Warne fan, but for now I still have my doubts whether we have a manager that can push us onwards and upwards. COYR

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Having now caught up on the latter 4 or 5 pages...

I love the term "Ramily".  Don't be surprised to see me plagiarising that soon and often on here.

I truly believe... hand on heart... that PW's "humour" is known, understood, appreciated by, and acceptable to the vast majority... if not all... of the players and backroom staff.  It's merely a case of "getting to know him", which appears to now be the case.  I therefore truly believe that when he makes a "tongue-in-cheek dig" at a player, they don't take it personally and/or in a negative way, and also know that he does so purely and solely to wind up @RoyMac5... and he's doing a fantastic job of it, it has to be said.  
I bet that WhatsApp group is full of pointy/laughy emojis!  👀

PW gets a 5* rating from me, on that score.  Top Wummery, sir.  🤣

Warne is a bit of 'one off' as football managers go, those around him day after day will understand this and accept his attempts of humour for what they are. I have a friend who is of a similar ilk, who could easily offend/annoy strangers, but doesn't offend/annoy his friends, who understand his humour.

I would much rather listen to Warne than, a Mowbray or Nigel, or even a vast majority of managers who just spout standard manager speak.

If you can ignore his humour, he reveals a lot more of what feels about the team's performance than other managers without the personal criticism we've seen elsewhere, often criticising the team as whole for resorting to so called 'Warneball'.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

My opinion is that if there's a doubt over the joke don't do it. Plus Sibs hasn't been a regular, why not just give him a bit of a boost and leave it at that? It takes away from the praise and is un-necessary. 

I criticise him because I don't rate things he does, that is one instance. I haven't bothered recently because all that comes back is personal comments. If you think Warne is a joker fair enough. But suggesting my motives isn't at all pertinent, but is a cheap shot. 👍

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

Warne actually said "I'm glad he scored because if he hadn't scored he would have been in deep because he could have put Birdy in, so erm, (Warne cracks a big smile) he knew I was going to say that, so yeah really pleased for Sibs"

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Warne actually said "I'm glad he scored because if he hadn't scored he would have been in deep because he could have put Birdy in, so erm, (Warne cracks a big smile) he knew I was going to say that, so yeah really pleased for Sibs"

Schitts Creek Wow GIF by CBC

He’s quirky and interesting to me. He’s had a helluav job .. watching the pennies and at the same time the overwhelming expectations of this club. 

Looking at where we are now, I am happy as the famous Larry. I wasn’t earlier in the season, we had games when the players looked disinterested and lacked passion, a system wasn’t in place or working. Thing is, he has worked on it and the players have bought in. As to the humour .. excellent, love it. Bored to tears of managers who either rant and blame or alternatively sound like a mega corporations PR department. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

That will encourage him to risk shooting again. 👍 Oh, that is if he gets to play again anytime soon.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That will encourage him to risk shooting again. 👍 Oh, that is if he gets to play again anytime soon.

Seriously?!? It was clearly a joke. You've obviously not watched the interview, and you are taking offence on behalf of Sibley without knowing his feelings. You are taking this completely out of proportion, which is no great surprise to be honest, as it feels like you look for any reason to post negativity about Warne.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Seriously?!? It was clearly a joke. You've obviously not watched the interview, and you are taking offence on behalf of Sibley without knowing his feelings. You are taking this completely out of proportion, which is no great surprise to be honest, as it feels like you look for any reason to post negativity about Warne.

Why do you feel the need to keep going on about my opinion? I've answered why i posted but that's not good enough for you. Read my previous posts. 👍

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

My opinion is that if there's a doubt over the joke don't do it. Plus Sibs hasn't been a regular, why not just give him a bit of a boost and leave it at that? It takes away from the praise and is un-necessary. 

I criticise him because I don't rate things he does, that is one instance. I haven't bothered recently because all that comes back is personal comments. If you think Warne is a joker fair enough. But suggesting my motives isn't at all pertinent, but is a cheap shot. 👍

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

As soon as Sibs got the ball I wanted him to run at the defence and shoot for goal nothing else entered my mind so glad he did the same.

When Sibs runs at the centre of defence in that position it’s joy to watch because defenders don’t know whether to back off or come out to challenge for the ball. 

Sibs needs to be played in that area of the pitch more often to get the best out of his talent. 

13 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

If posters had been virtually ridiculing you for supporting PW, are you not entitled to have a go back when things start going well?

I guess you must be one of these said PW haters.

It figures...

Hey CongeltonRam 

lets get this straight - I can not want PW as manager of Derby County and not hate him. Flaming hell man. 
what an assumption that is. 

we don’t have to fight fire with fire

but you can if you want obviously 

I’ve put on here previously I’ve met PW and found him to be a really down to earth nice bloke. Far more genuine than the interviews - that’s my opinion. 

I have always written on this forum that with three promotions you can’t really deny he is a good manager. 

my issue is that from what I have seen and for various reasons I don’t think he’s the right manager for Derby county. That doesn’t mean I dislike him or think he is a poor manager. (Didn’t like his Mardiness  though in the interviews) 

It seems clear he has changed/modified his tactics to go through the middle as an option, to play more football as well as pinball wizard and the crosses are so much better now. Selection makes more sense now too - mostly!

if we had started the season like this there wouldn’t have been the ‘outcry’ at some really tough performances to watch. 

Now we are seeing what we knew could and should have been, in my opinion, seeing performance wise it’s fair for us that would prefer a different manager to acknowledge the improvement without throwing a party as we feel there is still room to grow and we are still baffled by some of his decision making that makes me worry that the current improvement is potentially temporary (it may not be- I hope it isn’t) as it’s not his natural fit and he may revert back once he is back on solid ground - so to speak. 

I hate rishi Boris etc but I don’t hate real people. never hated anyone in Black and white and never will. God forbid. 

DTID