Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

7 hours ago, valakari said:

Misses like yesterday will cost us against better teams...he isn't good enough, but he does put effort in, granted.

And on another day, Sibbo's shot might have hit the legs of the defender instead of going through them and we'd be lamenting that he didn't play an early pass into Bird's stride......

If our players did everything right all of the time they wouldn't be playing for us at this level very long.

32 minutes ago, NOTSA74 said:

I'm not so sure about that. There was a point in the first half (think it was after the goal but I can't remember) when Warne goes to the touchline and says something to Sibley who is about 15 yards away. Sibley says something back and Warne turns round looking unhappy and says quite loudly "effing hell" and marches back to the dugout.

So you don't know what was said, when it was said, but you believe it could show a breakdown in a relationship between PW and Sibbo ? Anyone who has played or managed football, will know it's an emotional and competitive game, even if they did have an exchange of views, it's something that happens all the time.

We seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel now in ways to bash the manager, not that I'm complaining, long may it continue as it shows there isn't much to go at 😊

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

So you don't know what was said, when it was said, but you believe it could show a breakdown in a relationship between PW and Sibbo ? Anyone who has played or managed football, will know it's an emotional and competitive game, even if they did have an exchange of views, it's something that happens all the time.

We seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel now in ways to bash the manager, not that I'm complaining, long may it continue as it shows there isn't much to go at 😊

Take from it what you will. It was the only time in the match that Warne reacted like that and I thouhgt it was instructive that it was after Sibley said something to him given the speculation about their relationship.

Warne seemed to want to spend the first 20 mins berating the fourth official until the fourth official got really bored of him and marched him back to his technical area.

15 minutes ago, NOTSA74 said:

Take from it what you will. It was the only time in the match that Warne reacted like that and I thouhgt it was instructive that it was after Sibley said something to him given the speculation about their relationship.

Warne seemed to want to spend the first 20 mins berating the fourth official until the fourth official got really bored of him and marched him back to his technical area.

Fair enough, I take it you were at the game and therefore spent all 90 odd mins watching Warne ?

9 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Absolute nonsense. The terms happy-clappers, blind-faithers, deluded, fanbois, et al are literally all over the forum. 

Being described as a happy clapper or blind faither isn't being ridiculed. They're typical, cliched, go-to message board terms for when people are discussing / describing the 'factions' in the debate, used broadly rather than personally.

Fanboi has been used once, on a topic discussing Elon Musk. Fanboy only by people saying "I don't want to come across as a fanboy" or similar. Deluded? There's one example of someone applying it to fans with concern to a scoreline flattering us. No examples of it being used to describe anyone's support of Warne.

I repeat, nobody has ridiculed for the act of supporting the manager.

I'm sure there are some who take criticism and ridicule of the manager himself as ridicule of their support of him, but that's not the same thing.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

11 hours ago, rynny said:

Show me where I keep going on about your opinion. In fact show me the last time we had any interaction, it will have been months because I have avoided having any discussions on the forum for quite a while because all I seem to get in return is snotty replies.

I have posted twice on this whole thread (prior to this one) once with what Warne fully said about Sibley's goal, as to me it seemed as though you hadn't watched the interview and had only read part of it which did seem like Warne was calling Sibley, and the other was in response to that post, where you are having a dig at Warne for having a joke, that clearly he has already had with Sibley prior to the interview. In my opinion, Warne wouldn't have made the joke if Sibley did not take it the way it was meant to, you know, as a joke.

Spot on mate , from what I’ve seen and heard of Louie he loves the banter and I’m sure he would of given Warne some back on Saturday

1 hour ago, NOTSA74 said:

But it's not instructive if you don't know was said. Also, as @Returning ram says, football is an emotional game and players will, from time to time, disagree and have a bit of a rant at the coaching staff and their fellow players. 

One alleged in game fall out between Sibley and Warne isn't necessarily an indication of their ongoing relationship.

I'm not sure what the comment about the fourth official has got to do with this mini debate.

Edited by Tamworthram

51 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Being described as a happy clapper or blind faither isn't being ridiculed. They're typical, cliched, go-to message board terms for when people are discussing / describing the 'factions' in the debate, used broadly rather than personally.

Fanboi has been used once, on a topic discussing Elon Musk. Fanboy only by people saying "I don't want to come across as a fanboy" or similar. Deluded? There's one example of someone applying it to fans with concern to a scoreline flattering us. No examples of it being used to describe anyone's support of Warne.

I repeat, nobody has ridiculed for the act of supporting the manager.

I'm sure there are some who take criticism and ridicule of the manager himself as ridicule of their support of him, but that's not the same thing.

Perhaps ridicule may be pushing it but for me those terms have a hint of it but those calling for patience and or not being overly concerned with warnes performance so far as manager to warrant sacking we’re certainly treated as if they were a bit dumb in terms of having enough football savvy to form a proper opinion , no matter if they watched derby games week in and week out and had done so for decades , this new stat that new stat was rolled often by people who rarely went to games to prove they really had little understanding of what they were watching 🤷🏻‍♂️,

in the main it’s gone a bit silent now ( until we lose again ) 

dish it out , take it back🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Perhaps ridicule may be pushing it but for me those terms have a hint of it but those calling for patience and or not being overly concerned with warnes performance so far as manager to warrant sacking we’re certainly treated as if they were a bit dumb in terms of having enough football savvy to form a proper opinion , no matter if they watched derby games week in and week out and had done so for decades , this new stat that new stat was rolled often by people who rarely went to games to prove they really had little understanding of what they were watching 🤷🏻‍♂️,

in the main it’s gone a bit silent now ( until we lose again ) 

dish it out , take it back🤷🏻‍♂️

Semi-fair.

It's impossible to change your thinking that posters using a stat-lead approach are claiming to know better than people simply watching the games, and using stats alone as proof, so I won't waste time trying to do that.

Dish it out, take it back? Sure. Except, it doesn't work when the general trend is to 'give back' ten-fold (slight exaggeration) what's been dished out.

The prevalent attitude on here atm is one of undue smarm.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But it's not instructive if you don't know was said. Also, as @Returning ram says, football is an emotional game and players will, from time to time, disagree and have a bit of a rant at the coaching staff and their fellow players. 

One alleged in game fall out between Sibley and Warne isn't necessarily an indication of their ongoing relationship.

I'm not sure what the comment about the fourth official has got to do with this mini debate.

I know precisely what Warne said in reposnse to what Sibley said and it was the only time that Warne acted like that in the game. I'm not claiming that this is indicative of their relationship in general but I think it's worth noting when there is speculation about their relationship.

I thought the fourth official thing was worth mentioning as it seemed out of character. I've seen Warne having discussions and sometimes heated discussions with fourth officials but not to that frequency/intensity.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad you've read the thread. You would have seen that I answered your comment in another post more than once. So sorry if you felt that it didn't apply to your point. Never mind it was just another Warne joke. 👍

I have read the thread. I've seen you take offence on behalf of Sibley, I've seen you not realise that it was a joke, I've seen your post where you get snotty when people have told you it was a joke, I've seen your post that clearly shows you haven't watched the interview. I've seen your posts that deflect away from the point, which it was joke. A joke that he had already said to Sibley, before the interview. You questioned if there is doubt that it was a joke it shouldn't have been said. There was no doubt, if you had watched the interview. My first post was to show you that it was a joke, but you can't admit that you were wrong, but you were wrong because you weren't given the full details of the interview, and had clearly not watched it. But whatever, I'm done.

32 minutes ago, NOTSA74 said:

I know precisely what Warne said in reposnse to what Sibley said and it was the only time that Warne acted like that in the game. I'm not claiming that this is indicative of their relationship in general but I think it's worth noting when there is speculation about their relationship.

I thought the fourth official thing was worth mentioning as it seemed out of character. I've seen Warne having discussions and sometimes heated discussions with fourth officials but not to that frequency/intensity.

So if the conversation was around the standard of the referee between PE and Sibbo, could that have prompted the response ? 

The only speculation I have seen about their relationship comes from one poster, unless I have missed something ?

Also worth reading this.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-de-bruyne-guardiola-27079409.amp

59 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Semi-fair.

It's impossible to change your thinking that posters using a stat-lead approach are claiming to know better than people simply watching the games, and using stats alone as proof, so I won't waste time trying to do that.

Dish it out, take it back? Sure. Except, it doesn't work when the general trend is to 'give back' ten-fold (slight exaggeration) what's been dished out.

The prevalent attitude on here atm is one of undue smarm.

Might be worth you checking the number of pages , posts and content of the match threads when we lose or draw compared to when we win, it may well change your view on the tenfold thing if you look at them honestly 🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

So if the conversation was around the standard of the referee between PE and Sibbo, could that have prompted the response ? 

Not impossible but unikely I'd say.

I did post on another thread recently about a conversation I'd been party to in 1989 with one of the 1971/72 league winners who when asked what he though of Brian Clough said most of the time he couldn't stand him. Probably some truth in that but a whole lot of caveats as well.

I'm not using this one reaction to advance an argument one way or another, I just thought it was worth mentioning as we were probably the only Derby fans to hear Warne's reaction.

Just now, NOTSA74 said:

Not impossible but unikely I'd say.

I did post on another thread recently about a conversation I'd been party to in 1989 with one of the 1971/72 league winners who when asked what he though of Brian Clough said most of the time he couldn't stand him. Probably some truth in that but a whole lot of caveats as well.

I'm not using this one reaction to advance an argument one way or another, I just thought it was worth mentioning as we were probably the only Derby fans to hear Warne's reaction.

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation 👍