Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This manager doesn’t want an academy at all - probably considers it an expense he wants to waste on more of his mates ( mates = useless) 

And unfortunately this is what Warne has said. The money spent on the academy needs to be spent on the first team. 

The guy is running the club into the ground. He hasnt got a clue how to build a club - he only wants to look at first team and that’s it. And when you look at what he’s done to the first team, we’re going to be in this mess for a long time. 

Dom interviewing Warne and he said we are obviously missing something and he can't even tell us what it is we are missing. You had three months to prepare the side and you are making terrible excuses to why we are losing. You signed over 10 players in the summer. 

Effectively in the same position this eve as we were a week ago. Doubt he'll get sacked tonight. A failure to win on Tuesday might hurry that along though. 

Wanted Liam to be given the job permanently last year but accepted Clownes' decision and have backed Warne up until just recently. That's wained now though.

Whatever happens this season, we need to improve quickly. With or without Warne. Not hitting the play-offs would make this season an abject failure.

Edited by Sheff Ram

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Cocu didn’t get as much leeway as what Warne is getting and he was a proper player and international on a different level to Warne ….also didn’t go after compensation as far as I’m aware …a decent bloke ….Warne should walk we gave him his big chance and he has not risen to it 

Cocu, I think, was a bit of a rarity and none of us really know the arrangements when he left.

8 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Having heard Warne’s post match interview, I am convinced he’s the man for the job. He clearly knows what the problem is, his signings have on the whole been outstanding and there is a clear game plan that is evident on the pitch. He’s a real leader and has the backing of the players and a tactical understanding second to none in this league. He’s not responsible for our flaws. I think we can all agree he’s aware of what’s missing and would have addressed it if he had had a couple of transfer windows different to the ones he did have. Let’s get behind him - he’s the man and he wears hats! 

Am I detecting a touch of irony in your post or am I giving you too much credit calling it irony?! 😉

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Angry at his comment ‘we can’t just expect to rock up to Stevenage and win’ (paraphrasing). 

We just expect us to play a bit of decent football ffs. 

We should just turn up and win, though. We're Derby County. And if we don't win, we should have at least played some good football and then have to applaud Steveage for playing out of their skins to beat us, or applaud the manager for doing a tactical job on us. Because that's what it should take to beat us. 

At the moment, I expect any home team to just turn up and beat us. It's a disgrace.

Unfortunately I think Warne’s time is up now.

I don’t think it’s an impossible position to recover. We have plenty of time to find form, claw back points and find ourselves in the top six. We could win both games in hand and be in 6th, for example.

The problem for Warne is the goodwill has gone and it’s the hardest to get back once it’s slipped away and results like today only cement the ill feelings.

The scenes post match v Shrewsbury either tend to be the beginning of the end or to stir up a reaction. To deliver that today against a newly promoted side from League 2, irrespective of form and the momentum they are riding, is surely the nail in the coffin.

I think he has tried his best in challenging circumstances but clearly something is not right and Clowes has to act. We just haven’t clicked.

The trouble is that the new man can’t bring in any players until January, so there’s the danger that things might get worse before they get better.

37 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Interesting that Warne only went 3 or 4 yards towards the Derby fans at full time. He should at least try and communicate with them. Or were we singing him bad again?

Perhaps he was thanking them for coming without getting involved in verbal abuse from some of them? I'd say that was the right approach to avoid escalating any conflict.

10 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Having heard Warne’s post match interview, I am convinced he’s the man for the job. He clearly knows what the problem is, his signings have on the whole been outstanding and there is a clear game plan that is evident on the pitch. He’s a real leader and has the backing of the players and a tactical understanding second to none in this league. He’s not responsible for our flaws. I think we can all agree he’s aware of what’s missing and would have addressed it if he had had a couple of transfer windows different to the ones he did have. Let’s get behind him - he’s the man and he wears hats! 

Adobe_20231028_172941~2.jpg