Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

Much needed win and obviously better than shrewsbury. Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, we were playing arguably the worst team in the division who are completely out of form. We played ok, but there is still no real pattern to our play, we just rely on moments. Max Bird clearly a level above the rest of the team. Nyambe very good defensively, but quite limited going forward, Hourihane good on the ball but i worry his legs may be going. Cashin and Nelson were decent but considering the opposition i wouldn't expect anything else. Collins absolutely terrible.  

12 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Player ratings 

Wildsmith  6 

Nyambe    7 

Nelson      7 

Cashin      7 

Foz           7 

Bird          8 

Hourihane 7 

Sibley       5 

NML        7 

Wlison     7 

Waggy     6 

Washington  6 

Collins     6 

Smith       6 

Barks       6 

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Shaun Barker must have used the word quality a dozen times which did resonate with me as our crossing was pretty poor our composure in front of goal pretty much non existent.

Collins decision not to pass well that was on a different level altogether 

Give it a week or two under Eustace and Collins sees that pass and many others and suddenly 1-0 or 2-0 becomes 5-0 or 6-0.

Get on board, Tyler.

7 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Ok performance, Bird stands out like a beacon in this team currently so make the most of him before January comes.

Great to hear Chris Coles on Radio Derby reminds me of what a fine broadcaster he is.Also how much better the programme is without Ed Dawes.

Good win, sounds like we dominated against a poor Exeter side. Tougher tests ahead 😊

I'm still very much Warne Out but I must say it's a bit harsh to say this was a routine win because how exactly is one supposed to impress if we beat the teams we're supposed to beat, which in fans minds is most of the division? The coaches are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think we have to enjoy the win and realise you can only beat what's in front of you and tonight we did beat them.

Long term I don't have the confidence but tonight we did the business.

I could speak for hours about what this tells us about the squad, the coaching team, the fans, the style of play, how we are better when we get it on the floor now and again rather than out wide and cross into an empty box, how we should line up in future, how poor Exeter were etc etc

But that's not important right now so I won't go into it

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'm still very much Warne Out but I must say it's a bit harsh to say this was a routine win because how exactly is one supposed to impress if we beat the teams we're supposed to beat, which in fans minds is most of the division? The coaches are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think we have to enjoy the win and realise you can only beat what's in front of you and tonight we did beat them.

Long term I don't have the confidence but tonight we did the business.

I could speak for hours about what this tells us about the squad, the coaching team, the fans, the style of play, how we are better when we get it on the floor now and again rather than out wide and cross into an empty box, how we should line up in future, how poor Exeter were etc etc

But that's not important right now so I won't go into it

Reassuring Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

Maybe it’s because of his age, but why is Waghorn not starting every game? I think he’s superior to Collins in every department. Even heading and pace

He’s still not exactly a needle mover for this team, despite being better than Collins (not difficult though). We essentially just need to limp towards January and hope we have a plan then, or TJJ comes back and stays fit. 

Much better performance tonight, best game from NML for a while, Bird absolutely ran the show, Waggy was decent up top dropping deep & laying the ball off well. Nyambe, Nelson & Wilson all impressed too.

Was hugely disappointed in Sibley, got a chance to shine in his favoured position & did nothing. Dont get the comments about a lack of confidence & chances to impress, he has started the last 3 games now, playing 90 mins in the previous 2 and scoring 2 goals only 2 games ago....he simply isnt good enough. Manager after manager has come in & none have picked hin regularly, there is a reason for that.

I thought the ref was pretty decent tonight too.

Roll on Stevenage, lets get back to back wins!