Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Just a reminder. Paul Warne also has a 100% record of being relegated from the championship at every attempt

Except the one which doesn't count because despite being in charge 6 months he wasn't officially their permanent manager until the next season.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

And a fair chunk of budget still made up of Liam signings.

Yes, and they're still our best and/or most effective players.

I actually thought our starting lineup today was pretty promising as it was as close to a WarneXI as we could put out considering who was fit enough to start, aside from Elder in for Sibley, Bradley in for the would-be-gone Cashin and Washington in alongside Collins (but then where do NML and CBT go?

...and yet we still had to change it because it looked poor and unrehearsed.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Yes, and they're still our best and/or most effective players.

I actually thought our starting lineup today was pretty promising as it was as close to a WarneXI as we had considering who was fit enough to start. Elder in for Sibley, Bradley in for the would-be-gone Cashin.,.and Washington in alongside Collins (but then where do NML and CBT go?

...and yet we still had to change it because it looked poor and unrehearsed.

We looked much better in a 433.

Hopefully we'll be back to the Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Fozzy defence for the run in, with Adams being more match fit.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Hopefully we'll be back to the Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Fozzy defence for the run in, with Adams being more match fit.

Sometimes it’s unavoidable going 3 at the back though. For instance when Cashin is out and you need to retain defensive solidity against a team who had scored 21 goals in 30 games prior to today. 

19 minutes ago, sage said:

It's crying out for 433 with Collins flanked by NML and Wilson.   Why Warne p*sses about with formations so much God knows no wonder there are no recognisable patterns of play.

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

That somewhere down the line will probably be when we’re in the championship, if we’re midtable bottom half or fighting relegation and the football is boring then entertainment factor becomes more relevant. 

Isn't it usually the other way round. 

If your fighting relegation, your not worrying about how entertaining it is

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are a dreadful watch but we will get promoted under Warne.

Then we will stink out the Championship, and replace Warne with Darren Moore.

Then we will be back in League One, wishing we had Paul Warne back in charge.

Wednesday fans were all saying the same about Moore. Results, but with turgid football.

10 hours ago, Mckram said:

Clowes won’t part ways with Warne. He will give him until 10+ games of next season before even considering a change.

It will definitely hit the attendances next season though, either way whether we’re in the Championship or League One.

It’s not good when I enjoyed our relegation season under Rooney more than this season. I genuinely came away from that season happy with performances on the pitch. 

Despite the fact that we lost nearly every single away game?

9 hours ago, cannable said:

There’s just no identity, I don’t get what we are. We work hard and have better players than almost everyone else.

I thought many people had decided that we do have an identity - play it out wide, avoiding the midfield, as soon as you can and get crosses in? (I’m only half joking).

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are a dreadful watch but we will get promoted under Warne.

Then we will stink out the Championship, and replace Warne with Darren Moore.

Then we will be back in League One, wishing we had Paul Warne back in charge.

Do you have two accounts on here and your other one is Negative Creep by any chance

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought many people had decided that we do have an identity - play it out wide, avoiding the midfield, as soon as you can and get crosses in? (I’m only half joking).

Unfortunately, we’re not even doing that with any quality or consistency 

Occasionally you have to adjust your formation to suit the opponent but why we faf about with it quite as much as we do I don’t know.

This squad is ideal for 433 especially now we have some bite in the middle. We’ve got decent wide men so I don’t understand why we don’t utilise is more often then not, especially at home to Shrewsbury.