Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

Yet another thread about PW. Very tedious but I’ll reply anyway. 😀

I suspect he already has regular conversations with Warne. As for his patience, I suspect he has more than most of us on this forum and won’t be going into meltdown if we don’t go up this year or even end the season where we are now - 8th.

Edited by Tamworthram

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect he already has regular conversations with Warne. As for his patience, I suspect he has more than most of us on this forum and won’t be going into meltdown if we don’t go up this year or even end the season where we are now - 8th.

Agreed no need for another thread but if you think DC won't be seriously looking at dismissing Warne if we finish 8th, I'm sure you are mistaken.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Another reason for his patience could well be that it was Clowes' mission to appoint him - therefore it would be understandable if he had a vested interest in seeing him succeed. (I am not suggesting Clowes would be blinkered in this respect... and obviously there are the financial considerations of paying off a manager less than halfway into his contract).

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Would it be worth opening another area on the forum like say the Jim smith room ect which is the warne out room where people can open endless warne out threads under countless headings ?

Not sure Warne saying he didn't want to compete in midfield with a team that hadn't even scored a goal this season is helping keep things calm. I think if we didn't have an unbeaten run going there'd be more pressure on Clowes to start looking around. Personally if I was Clowes i'd be looking for more considering the size of club, budget and time he's had to make changes, playing lower league style football on this relative budget is very frustrating.

2 hours ago, old tray boy said:

It really is not good enough a multi million pound layout for as of yet a mediocre return.lf l was Clowes l would be demanding answers.

If the multi-million pound layout had been on players then we'd all expect more. It hasn't been though and, to be fair to Warne and the recruitment team, if the players we sign in the future are as decent as Nelson, Nyambe and Fornah - all acquired for nowt - then we'll be promoted this season or next.

50 minutes ago, old tray boy said:

Just because you may not want to discuss the thread does not mean it can be ignored.The Club is being run in a proffesional manner, supporters are relieved ,we need a manager who can deliver success ! Nearly winning ,nearly being promoted is not an option.

As you say yourself, the club is being run professionally (from what we can see) and therefore I can’t see why DC will be running out of patience quite yet when we are sitting 8th (albeit a disappointing 8th) and we’re nowhere near writing the season off as one we can describe as “nearly being promoted” stage yet. Nearly being promoted this season may well be an option for DC even if not for us. 

1 hour ago, old tray boy said:

Just because you may not want to discuss the thread does not mean it can be ignored.The Club is being run in a proffesional manner, supporters are relieved ,we need a manager who can deliver success ! Nearly winning ,nearly being promoted is not an option.

I think you've missed the point. There is plenty of discussion of this very topic in threads elsewhere on the forum. Nobody is ignoring it. It fact, it would be impossible to do so.

Limited budget. Can we afford to sack the staff and pay off the remaining 3 years on their contracts? Probably not if we are to keep within the business plan.

He learns. Folk were calling for a back 4 rather than a 3 (or 5). Once he'd got a right back in, Nyambe, he went back 4. IMO the best back 4 we currently have available is Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Forsyth.

The best DM pairing we have is Smith and Fornah.

The 3? Barks, Bird, Wilson

The 1? Probably Waggy as I think he'd work better with Bird (or Sibs) in the 10 role than either Collo or Wash would.

Wildsmith in goal. That's probably our best XI in the current preferred system.

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Limited budget. Can we afford to sack the staff and pay off the remaining 3 years on their contracts? Probably not if we are to keep within the business plan.

He learns. Folk were calling for a back 4 rather than a 3 (or 5). Once he'd got a right back in, Nyambe, he went back 4. IMO the best back 4 we currently have available is Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Forsyth.

The best DM pairing we have is Smith and Fornah.

The 3? Barks, Bird, Wilson

The 1? Probably Waggy as I think he'd work better with Bird (or Sibs) in the 10 role than either Collo or Wash would.

Wildsmith in goal. That's probably our best XI in the current preferred system.

Not enough goals in that system.

If you are playing Bird at a 10 then you need 2 attacking players with a goal threat either side of him.