Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

4 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

please, please.

263 games at League One or below.

205 games in the Championship.

I was right again.

You did understand my point, yes?

Players that have played the majority of their career, so the larger amount of game time, at a level lower than the Championship.

I must check, as you have come back to me twice now claiming what I said was inaccurate. It is not. Stop arguing with stats.

I said before he came to us  including time in the Premier League and dozens of international caps.

1 minute ago, sage said:

I said before he came to us  including time in the Premier League and dozens of international caps.

Irrelevant. He has found his level in League One but thanks for backing up what I had earlier said.

Some of our  players have played at a higher level, but the reason they find their careers languishing in Division One is because they haven't done much at a higher level.

Barnsley XI last game

Roberts (never played in the championship, did play for Rainworth Miners Welfare)

Williams (More League One than Championship)

De Gevigney (played Ligue 3 and a Ligue 2 Relegation Season)

McCart (ex Inverness, St Johnstone and Orient)

Russell (More League one than Championship inc Accrington)

O'Keefe (1 game out of 149 in the championship, inc Solihull Moors)

Styles (2/3 championship)

Kane (125 of 156 in lower leagues)

Cadden (Airdrie, Livingston and Forest Green)

Waters (22 of 147 in the championship but he did score for Mickleover Sports)

Cole (24 in Championship, 46 in Scots Prem out of 283)

Thank You and Goodnight  

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The players absolutely are capable of more. We all know this because on the rare occasion they are let of the leash and set up in a way that works for them we look great.

Warne then seems to have a bout of amnesia and reverts back to his overly cautious, tactically inept , guffball tactics.

It's why I am so unbelievably frustrated because I know that both Warne and the squad have got it in them, for some reason they just refuse to do it often enough.

Or it could also be that the quality of players we have / can afford do not produce on a consistent basis , that is the difference between top players and champ / league 1 , any fool knows that , you can produce a u tube showreel for almost any player with they’re best bits and they look like Messi but can they do it for 90 mins game on game ? 

Further to my view that players in our price bracket are where they are not because of what they are capable of but rather consistency, my take is looking at our squad we are going to be a hard team to beat this season as our defence looks good with players that look  solid and able to produce a decent level game on game  , it’s our creative and goal scoring players who seem far more flakey, take nml, he can look brill or dire , sibley the same , bird the same , waggy the same , ect ect ,

the big question will be if we produce too many draws , as I look at recent results and performance s that already seem the case

Edited by Archied

7 hours ago, sage said:

Barnsley XI last game

Roberts (never played in the championship, did play for Rainworth Miners Welfare)

Williams (More League One than Championship)

De Gevigney (played Ligue 3 and a Ligue 2 Relegation Season)

McCart (ex Inverness, St Johnstone and Orient)

Russell (More League one than Championship inc Accrington)

O'Keefe (1 game out of 149 in the championship, inc Solihull Moors)

Styles (2/3 championship)

Kane (125 of 156 in lower leagues)

Cadden (Airdrie, Livingston and Forest Green)

Waters (22 of 147 in the championship but he did score for Mickleover Sports)

Cole (24 in Championship, 46 in Scots Prem out of 283)

Thank You and Goodnight  

What is your point Sage?

As I said, DCFC are a team made up of lower league journeymen. I think I have proven that to be true despite the fact that you have come back to me twice stating my stats were not correct and rather embarrassed yourself in the process.

You want the team to suit your argument but they just don't.

We do not have a great side, and we most certainly don't have a side full of top players at this level.

I believe that (fans) such as yourself are a big part of the problem. Entitled fans that think we have a divine right to be much higher than we are. From reading your nonsense, I would firmly out you right there.

As to whether or not Clowes patience will run out soon...patience for what? He is probably fairly content with our position. We haven't spent a great deal albeit we have a good wage bill for this level and we have a team challenging at the sharp end of the division.

All it takes now is for some delusional supporters to rock the boat trying to put our manager under unnecessary pressure.

Edited by CongletonRam

14 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is this the new debating tactic on here now to try and give credence to your opinion by repeating the same point over and over and over but subtlety changing the thread title ever so slightly each time?

Sounds desperate. 

14 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Would you prefer a silent forum? Not saying that to be funny, but as I said yesterday, unless something drastically changes one way or another we’ll be trapped in this purgatory until we go on a winning run or get rid.

By jove, @Tyler Durden... I think you're on to something!  👀

18 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

What is your point Sage?

As I said, DCFC are a team made up of lower league journeymen. I think I have proven that to be true despite the fact that you have come back to me twice stating my stats were not correct and rather embarrassed yourself in the process.

You want the team to suit your argument but they just don't.

We do not have a great side, and we most certainly don't have a side full of top players at this level.

I believe that (fans) such as yourself are a big part of the problem. Entitled fans that think we have a divine right to be much higher than we are. From reading your nonsense, I would firmly out you right there.

As to whether or not Clowes patience will run out soon...patience for what? He is probably fairly content with our position. We haven't spent a great deal albeit we have a good wage bill for this level and we have a team challenging at the sharp end of the division.

All it takes now is for some delusional supporters to rock the boat trying to put our manager under unnecessary pressure.

I can only apologise for Derby's poor pattern of play, lack of control and inability to beat the worst side in professional football. 

I now realise that my expectations of promotion are causing unnecessary pressure on poor Mr Warne and his plans.

Alternatively you could acknowledge that one of the teams you mentioned has a weaker squad than us which is the point of the discussion. However you won't. So goodbye 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I can only apologise for Derby's poor pattern of play, lack of control and inability to beat the worst side in professional football. 

I now realise that my expectations of promotion are causing unnecessary pressure on poor Mr Warne and his plans.

Alternatively you could acknowledge that one of the teams you mentioned has a weaker squad than us which is the point of the discussion. However you won't. So goodbye 

I think it's tough for some people who are so heavily invested in their support and love for Derby to readily admit that things aren't great at the moment. It's only human for them to try and rationalise things in their own minds and make things seem better than they are. I suppose in the end, that blind faith is what being a football fan is all about.

It's a bit like us all knowing that we're better than forest, despite them being two leagues above us. Facts be damned, they're just rubbish.

I believe that many of the sides we have played this season may or may not have a weaker squad that ours. Why wouldn't I admit that?

All I have said is that our squad is made up of mainly players who have played the majority of their games at League One level or below...a fact that you fail to acknowledge. Why? Instead, you show us Barnsley's team. Why? What has their team got to do with anything?

What are your expectations? Top 2? Winners?

We all want promotion. But we have to add some realism and surely after all what has happened, we have to look at this sustainably.

1 minute ago, CongletonRam said:

I believe that many of the sides we have played this season may or may not have a weaker squad that ours. Why wouldn't I admit that?

All I have said is that our squad is made up of mainly players who have played the majority of their games at League One level or below...a fact that you fail to acknowledge. Why? Instead, you show us Barnsley's team. Why? What has their team got to do with anything?

What are your expectations? Top 2? Winners?

We all want promotion. But we have to add some realism and surely after all what has happened, we have to look at this sustainably.

It wasn't all you said. The conversation is around should we expect better with this squad in comparison to others.

A squad with Bird, Cashin, Waghorn, Barkhuizen, Sibley, Smith, Nyambe etc

I'm not demanding top 2 despite us having a top 2 squad. I do expect top 6 as does DC, I also expect this squad to have an element of control in games and play football which suits the talents we have.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Or it could also be that the quality of players we have / can afford do not produce on a consistent basis , that is the difference between top players and champ / league 1 , any fool knows that , you can produce a u tube showreel for almost any player with they’re best bits and they look like Messi but can they do it for 90 mins game on game ? 

I don't expect it every week, but so far this season we have put in one proper performance over 90 minutes, which was Blackpool away. In other games, we have looked good in patches but I would still expect us to have a greater level of consistency than we have shown so far.

12 minutes ago, sage said:

It wasn't all you said. The conversation is around should we expect better with this squad in comparison to others.

A squad with Bird, Cashin, Waghorn, Barkhuizen, Sibley, Smith, Nyambe etc

I'm not demanding top 2 despite us having a top 2 squad. I do expect top 6 as does DC, I also expect this squad to have an element of control in games and play football which suits the talents we have.

Bird, granted a good player at this level and could maybe play at a higher level.

Cashin, the jury is still out. Woefully slow for a centre half but a good ball player. Not convinced he could go hiigher. The Carlisle commentators were shocked at how slow he was and the forwards targeted him.

Waghorn, 3 goals in 51 appearances before this season. There is a reason there were no offers for him.

Barkhuizen, released by Preston. Hardly a diamond even in Division One.

Sibley, a player that has played less than a handful of great games in his career at Derby.

Are you seriously trying to forward your argument with these players?

And what's with the etc. at the end. What.....there are more?!

Stop thinking we are better than we actually are. If any other clubs had our squad, you would look at it, laugh and ridicule them for having a team full of average players.

Edited by CongletonRam

24 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Bird, granted a good player at this level and could maybe play at a higher level.

Cashin, the jury is still out. Woefully slow for a centre half but a good ball player. Not convinced he could go hiigher. The Carlisle commentators were shocked at how slow he was and the forwards targeted him.

Waghorn, 3 goals in 51 appearances before this season. There is a reason there were no offers for him.

Sibley, a player that has played less than a handful of great games in his career at Derby.

Stop thinking we are better than we actually are. If any other clubs had our squad, you would look at it, laugh and ridicule them for having a team full of average players.

A player is only worth what a club will pay for him, and most of ours were freebies. That being said, Transfermarkt has our estimated squad value comfortably at the top of league one, despite having fewer players than most teams.

Yes, we could always have better players. Yes, maybe the balance isn't great, and we need to strengthen in some areas. But our squad is underperforming, no matter which way you slice it. These players have more capability than they're showing at present, and that will hopefully be addressed soon.

Screenshot_20231010-093202.png

19 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Jury still out on Cashin? The player Brighton were willing to spent multiple millions on, and had a loan to a top half Championship club lined up?

Waghorn with 6 goals in 558 league minutes.

Sibley who has an average strike rate in general (1 goal contribution every 323 minutes), but actually has a very good record when actually played in his best position (1 per 219 minutes). For comparison, Hourihane has averaged 1 per 229 minutes. Sibley is nowhere near his peak yet either.

10 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

What do you base this on? A top 2 squad?

Who are those 'top 2' League One players?

Name them, Sage.

Name the teams in this league who have players that aren't, as you term them, journeymen? We aren't (yet) playing teams of Championship standard, although the top 2 are obviously stacked with 'ringers'?!