Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Genuine question - what is it?

I once asked for this at a chippy in Carterton near Brize Norton. After the puzzled faces, I explained what it was and the staff were positively repulsed. 

My Mates soon cottoned on and asked for it every time we were in town.

Very nice

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I like to ask if I can put salt and vinegar on the chips first and then peas on top after. Don’t want a vinegar swamp on top of the peas.

I applaud you Dean. It's very important to be precise about salt and vinegar in this context. I am a lover of malt vinegar. Might be a trip to a Spitalfields chippie tonight, so I'm tempted to ask for a pea mix and see what happens...

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I applaud you Dean. It's very important to be precise about salt and vinegar in this context. I am a lover of malt vinegar. Might be a trip to a Spitalfields chippie tonight, so I'm tempted to ask for a pea mix and see what happens...

The staff in Poppies (very overrated IMO) won't understand any requests that aren't on the menu. I tried before when I used to work around there.

48 minutes ago, roboto said:

The staff in Poppies (very overrated IMO) won't understand any requests that aren't on the menu. I tried before when I used to work around there.

Good knowledge, and it was a day of wonder when Poppies opened on a street I used to live. Fascinating you worked around there - Sandra got a gong in the NY Honours. For running a pub! 

But you're right, very overrated, and has gone even further downhill since Pat who owned it died a year or so ago. I'd moved on to Jack the Chipper long before, but now have discovered the wonder of Wicked Fish. Try it if you're back in the area! 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good knowledge, and it was a day of wonder when Poppies opened on a street I used to live. Fascinating you worked around there - Sandra got a gong in the NY Honours. For running a pub! 

But you're right, very overrated, and has gone even further downhill since Pat who owned it died a year or so ago. I'd moved on to Jack the Chipper long before, but now have discovered the wonder of Wicked Fish. Try it if you're back in the area! 

Jack the Chipper, in that area, is outstandingly poor taste. 

I like it.

5 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I’m getting sick of this….. this is a football transfer thread about Corey Blackett Taylor.  Can we all please stay on topic!!  It’s tedious trying to sift through meaningless puns 😡

Next person to quote a stupid chip shop pun is gonna get battered

No need for scraps, it’s Fry-day after all