Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

About a week ago the South London Press reported that Charlton had turned down an offer for CBT !!

Rich Cawley (the one whose tweets are posted above) is probably the one who wrote that story. He’s the local journo for Charlton and is the South London Press sports editor. Feels positive that he’s saying today we were the club who previously had a bid rejected, removes some of the doubt expressed by some that we’re not at least actively trying to recruit. 

I wonder how much Charlton are holding out for 🤔 It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the rumour Blackett-Taylor was shown around moor farm is true, could be Derby approached Charlton for permission to meet the player with the understanding a fee would then be negotiated. 

He’s a signing where just by having him tied to a longer deal he should instantly be worth more than we pay if we can get it over the line. 

We have to accept our place that we are a stepping stone to bigger things at the moment and so resale value has to be considered. 

Id be happy to sign anyone who’ll retain their value (injuries permitting) as we won’t end up with any butterfield in for £4m out for a Mars bar type situations that ultimately emptied the coffers. 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Rich Cawley (the one whose tweets are posted above) is probably the one who wrote that story. He’s the local journo for Charlton and is the South London Press sports editor. Feels positive that he’s saying today we were the club who previously had a bid rejected, removes some of the doubt expressed by some that we’re not at least actively trying to recruit. 

I wonder how much Charlton are holding out for 🤔 It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the rumour Blackett-Taylor was shown around moor farm is true, could be Derby approached Charlton for permission to meet the player with the understanding a fee would then be negotiated. 

In the past a Bag of Balls would have sweetened the deal 😂

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Sounds promising 🙏🏻

Yeah I'm hoping the bid being reported by Football Insider is the same bid reported by that Richard Cawley at the start of the week.

Then we've continued negotiations this week and are getting close. CBT has probably informed Charlton that he wants to leave and move to Derby. So hopefully they've just said look we're close, not played him today and we can get this all done next week.

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I'm hoping the bid being reported by Football Insider is the same bid reported by that Richard Cawley at the start of the week.

Then we've continued negotiations this week and are getting close. CBT has probably informed Charlton that he wants to leave and move to Derby. So hopefully they've just said look we're close, not played him today and we can get this all done next week.

Charlton have blinked first with the transfer chain with signing Coventry (transfermkt have that fee at around £1,150,000 probably loads less than that upfront but with incentives) and apparently already agreed for Clarke-Harris for around £350k. CBT and their captain Dobson are on the way out so are probably wanting to recoup about £800-900k altogether. 

Edited by eddielewis

Let’s for arguments sake agree a fee which matches that which Charlton pay for JCH from Peterborough, would we say we’ve come out of the deals better? 

I would say so, we’d be getting a player showing consistent form who is in prime years with resale value against a striker with no resale value realistically and if Peterborough fans are to be believed an attitude problem. 

Clearly CBT is off somewhere imminently as he’s not in Charlton squad today - time will tell

If hes coming to us, but it looks like Charlton are looking to secure his replacement before they let him go 🤔

17 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Clearly CBT is off somewhere imminently as he’s not in Charlton squad today - time will tell

If hes coming to us, but it looks like Charlton are looking to secure his replacement before they let him go 🤔

It’s been reported in this thread that he was injured in training on Friday 

If we end up paying that for a player with 6 months on his contract, who has no track record above League 1 and not from a promotion rival, then we can’t be as cash strapped as is being made out.

£250k isn’t a small fee at this level. I don’t begrudge spending that for him, as I think he’s a good player, it would just surprise me.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Think so, another with hindsight where we could (and should) have used that money more wisely 

To be fair, he was a Polish International. It was a cracking signing on paper.

Think we should go up to 500k for him. He’s out of contract in the summer so we don’t want to get ripped off, but equally he’s still young so should have decent resale value. If he’s a player who we really want and would improve our chances of promotion this season, then it’s worth it.

No idea where the money is going to come from though.

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:
10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think we should go up to 500k for him. He’s out of contract in the summer so we don’t want to get ripped off, but equally he’s still young so should have decent resale value. If he’s a player who we really want and would improve our chances of promotion this season, then it’s worth it.

No idea where the money is going to come from though.

Think 350k should do it imo don't need to overpay for players like we have in the past