Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Saveloy is for tourists mate. Get some pie and mash down ya, with plenty of liquor, that'll see ya right.

Once saw a documentary with Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols being interviewed in a pie and mash shop.  Was shovelling the stuff down like Augustus Gloop whilst telling the interviewer he had a reaction to the sauce and would have a swelling in his hands the next day.  Either very good or he's very stupid.  Could be both.  

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good knowledge, and it was a day of wonder when Poppies opened on a street I used to live. Fascinating you worked around there - Sandra got a gong in the NY Honours. For running a pub! 

But you're right, very overrated, and has gone even further downhill since Pat who owned it died a year or so ago. I'd moved on to Jack the Chipper long before, but now have discovered the wonder of Wicked Fish. Try it if you're back in the area! 

Work around Hatton Garden now, so rarely go back there. Was there for a trade show in November, but chose to eat in Spitalfields Market after seeing the queue outside Poppies! 😂

I'm yet to find a suitable chippy for my East Midlands tastebuds down here (moved down in 2008), but I'll bear your suggestions in mind. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Jack the Chipper, in that area, is outstandingly poor taste. 

I like it.

It's common around there TBF. Think there's a "Jack The Clipper" barbers among other cunning word plays...

13 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

About 30 years ago, I asked for one in a chip shop on White Hart Lane. The server looked at me as if I were an alien.

Same thing happened to me in middlesbrough.

When I asked if they could do a chips with mushy peas and gravy got sorted straight away....🙄

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Same thing happened to me in middlesbrough.

When I asked if they could do a chips with mushy peas and gravy got sorted straight away....🙄

Face on the lass in the chippy outside Fratron Park when I asked for “chips and mushy peas, please duck” back in the day! “DACK! DACK!” came the response! She wasn’t happy, nor did they do mushy peas! 😆

7 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Face on the lass in the chippy outside Fratron Park when I asked for “chips and mushy peas, please duck” back in the day! “DACK! DACK!” came the response! She wasn’t happy, nor did they do mushy peas! 😆

Funnily enough, the pubs round here (Winchester/Southampton) usually offer mushy peas with their fish and chips.

Apart from the pretentious places that do "cracked" peas. Which look like some frozen petit pois mushed up with a fork....🙄

18 hours ago, roboto said:

Work around Hatton Garden now, so rarely go back there. Was there for a trade show in November, but chose to eat in Spitalfields Market after seeing the queue outside Poppies! 😂

I'm yet to find a suitable chippy for my East Midlands tastebuds down here (moved down in 2008), but I'll bear your suggestions in mind. 

Is the old Mitre pub still going strong?

27 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

This thread has somehow morphed from CBT to Chips and peas, especially that awful food of the devil, mushy peas (perhaps I’ve lived in London too long, changed my taste buds, and I’ve become nesh)

Yes, it's sort of gone from being the CBT thread to being the CBA to talk about CBT thread.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If this deal is anywhere near close, he won't be in the squad for today's game.

Be surprised if he isn’t with them obviously still fancying the play offs 

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Funnily enough, the pubs round here (Winchester/Southampton) usually offer mushy peas with their fish and chips.

Apart from the pretentious places that do "cracked" peas. Which look like some frozen petit pois mushed up with a fork....🙄

Back here in Derbyshire that sounds like leftovers 🤨