Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

I remember this thread going crazy about Kamil Jóźwiak. He'd be on TV playing for Poland and Mel was being advised by many here to snap him up at any cost. And many are bigging up this guy  just the same after five seasons in the lower divisions playing for Walsall, Tranmere and Charlton, that it is his fitness holding him back. SpecSavers have several branches locally.

5 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I remember this thread going crazy about Kamil Jóźwiak. He'd be on TV playing for Poland and Mel was being advised by many here to snap him up at any cost. And many are bigging up this guy  just the same after five seasons in the lower divisions playing for Walsall, Tranmere and Charlton, that it is his fitness holding him back. SpecSavers have several branches locally.

This seems like an odd point to make considering we were in those 'lower divisions' as recently as last week.

Also, I've already seen more from CBT than I ever saw from Jozwiak in a Rams shirt. He was woeful.

31 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Yet you consider the likes of Wellbeck, McBurnie and Wood to be possibilities? Hilarious!

30 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

This seems like an odd point to make considering we were in those 'lower divisions' as recently as last week.

Also, I've already seen more from CBT than I ever saw from Jozwiak in a Rams shirt. He was woeful.

Could all have been so different if that perfectly legal goal he scored at The Shiitty Ground had stood for the winner.  I'd didn't though and he was bobbins.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Yet you consider the likes of Wellbeck, McBurnie and Wood to be possibilities? Hilarious!

Really? Out of contract and 132 international caps between those three and 50 goals. I'd consider each of those to be credible targets now we are back in the Championship and worth a text.

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not like our fans to write a player off without a fair chance 😂

How is it writing someone off? It’s just a discussion, think everyone is hoping he becomes a big player for us.

would imagine cbt himself would’ve hoped to play more and contribute more than he did.

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

Really? Out of contract and 132 international caps between those three and 50 goals. I'd consider each of those to be credible targets now we are back in the Championship and worth a text.

Less than a week since promotion and the delusions of grandeur have returned. I will be pleasantly surprised if we are in and around the top half of the league next season, but in no way do I demand we start throwing money around like we used to to get us there.

Yes, they are technically free transfers, but what do you think their wage demands will be? Chris Wood and Danny Welbeck will be on over £50k pw currently and McBurnie can't be far off that. Also, do you think that we're such a big pull that we'll be able to convince them over other established Championship clubs?

Silly season has begun!

1 hour ago, roboto said:

Less than a week since promotion and the delusions of grandeur have returned. I will be pleasantly surprised if we are in and around the top half of the league next season, but in no way do I demand we start throwing money around like we used to to get us there.

Yes, they are technically free transfers, but what do you think their wage demands will be? Chris Wood and Danny Welbeck will be on over £50k pw currently and McBurnie can't be far off that. Also, do you think that we're such a big pull that we'll be able to convince them over other established Championship clubs?

Silly season has begun!

Conor Hourihane was on £42k a week at Villa and yet Liam Rosenior attracted him here, and that was as a Third Division club. Those two are probably on their last contracts, it is possible a two-year contract with us is attractive, that we are a bigger draw than many clubs you are suggesting, our facilities, history and ambitions? Probably not, but if you don't ask. Gary Micklewhite and John Gregory bought similar dreams last time. Igor Stimac did, although he was shocked when he was told it was us he had signed for. 

20 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Conor Hourihane was on £42k a week at Villa and yet Liam Rosenior attracted him here, and that was as a Third Division club. Those two are probably on their last contracts, it is possible a two-year contract with us is attractive, that we are a bigger draw than many clubs you are suggesting, our facilities, history and ambitions? Probably not, but if you don't ask. Gary Micklewhite and John Gregory bought similar dreams last time. Igor Stimac did, although he was shocked when he was told it was us he had signed for. 

I think the international transfer landscape has changed slightly since an ok 2nd tier team could pick up the starting centre back for Croatia.

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

We had a salary cap in place when Hourihane signed, so we didn't break the bank with him. I don't think Wood or Welbeck will take the financial hit to move here. McBurnie might be slightly closer to our top end budget, but again, he is 27 years old and probably feels he can get a contract with another Prem team (possibly the likes of Ipswich or Luton, if they stay up).

Micklewhite, Gregory and Stimac are from eras that are long gone. It is very rare to find players like that who will join second tier sides in the prime of their careers now.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

We had a salary cap in place when Hourihane signed, so we didn't break the bank with him. I don't think Wood or Welbeck will take the financial hit to move here. McBurnie might be slightly closer to our top end budget, but again, he is 27 years old and probably feels he can get a contract with another Prem team (possibly the likes of Ipswich or Luton, if they stay up).

Micklewhite, Gregory and Stimac are from eras that are long gone. It is very rare to find players like that who will join second tier sides in the prime of their careers now.

Harry Winks did, joining Leicester this season while still a regular in England's squad. Haji Wright's move to Coventry as the regular USA striker. Turkish international Abdülkadir Ömür moving to Hull. Wales's Ethan Ampadu to Leeds. Switzerland's Christian Fassnacht to Norwich. Montenegro's Milutin Osmajić to Preston. Scotland's Ross Stewart to Southampton. Georgia's Giorgi Chakvetadze to Watford. All big money transfers and current internationals we'd have probably sought to bring to Derby only a few seasons ago. It happens. 

11 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Harry Winks did, joining Leicester this season while still a regular in England's squad. Haji Wright's move to Coventry as the regular USA striker. Turkish international Abdülkadir Ömür moving to Hull. Wales's Ethan Ampadu to Leeds. Switzerland's Christian Fassnacht to Norwich. Montenegro's Milutin Osmajić to Preston. Scotland's Ross Stewart to Southampton. Georgia's Giorgi Chakvetadze to Watford. All big money transfers and current internationals we'd have probably sought to bring to Derby only a few seasons ago. It happens. 

The ''big money'' you mention here comes from parachute payments, and in Coventry's case- the Gyokeres money. We have neither, therefore these kind of suggestions are probably a bit of a stretch for us right now.

Harry Winks was a makeweight in the Maddison deal and is on around 60k pw

Haji Wright probably earns about half that, but Coventry sold Gyokaeres for a decent sum (mentioned above)

Ampadu is overrated (in my personal opinion) and Leeds have prem parachute money still

Southampton also have a decent wedge from their Prem days.

Omur, Fassnacht, Osmajic, Chakvetadze etc... WHO? Not really been paying much attention to the Champ this season, but don't recall any of them tearing up the league and the countries they represent aren't generally considered leading world powers in International football.

We could well sign international calibre players from some countries, and I'd suggest that there is good value to be had within many of the top flight leagues around Europe, but the suggestions of players who are currently on EPL wages is somewhat unlikely. Which is the point I've been trying to make to you.

Players who are currently in the Eredivisie, Belgian Jupiler League, Ligue 1 or even lower end Bundesliga could all be attainable if the recruitment team and coaching staff identify ones that they'd like to sign. The wages in those leagues often don't break the bank and the Championship is probably a better standard of competition too.

7 hours ago, Macintosh said:

At least we haven't paid £4m for this one, eh?

40 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

All big money transfers and current internationals we'd have probably sought to bring to Derby only a few seasons ago.

Did you read this bit over in your head before you posted it?

This is not 2015.

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The ''big money'' you mention here comes from parachute payments, and in Coventry's case- the Gyokeres money. We have neither, therefore these kind of suggestions are probably a bit of a stretch for us right now.

It was to illustrate that international players do drop to the Championship as queried by Roboto. We would all be appalled if our club did spend big money bringing in those players right now. Even Bielek on his present £16k wages would not be welcomed. Anything more than a £500k transfer fee would be foolish. However, I do think there is a stellar signing to be had, from abroad, from the list of free agents, someone that see us as a challenge, like McGoldrick, Smith, Hourihane and Bradley did. Whereas Blackett-Taylor, despite having pace to burn, able to beat a man at will, goals and assists galore, there is a reason no one else was interested in signing him.

On 01/05/2024 at 16:42, roboto said:

ironic isnt it. at a time when players in the top flight earn so much more money than they did in the past, even fewer of them are prepared to take a 'heart over head' decision towards the end of their career