Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

This can't be right, he's under 30, has pace and creates numerous chances after carries. 

Although I just had a thought, we were probably going to play him left wing back, where Charlton fans keep on saying he's not a wing back... 

image.thumb.png.3010fd9c402de9e6284efab921cd1347.png

Edited by Jubbs

3 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

According to the South London Press, we were interested in Charlton Athletic's Corey Blackett-Taylor on deadline day.

https://twitter.com/SthLondonPress/status/1700026321332584737?s=20

A winger who wouldn't have fit into Warne's 3 at the back system? Ended last season looking like we'll go for 3421 this season, shifted to 3412 after a number of pre-season injuries and missing out on a few targets Now going for 442/4231?

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We need quality - no idea if he has any but pace on its own just mean you are always offside 

His stats last season arent too bad....8 goals & 3 assists in 29 League 1 games including Charltons goal in their win at home to us.

From the midlands so I do think this is a deal we could get done.

• 3 months later...

He's having his best season to date - 7 goals and 7 assists in 20 league games for Charlton. I'm fairly sure that puts him in the shop window for a number of teams as his contract is up at the end of the season. Not sure what Charlton would want for him either, but think if he was going to move in January it would be to a Championship side. 

I can't see Charlton selling cheaply to a promotion rival, even if he only has 6 months on his contract, and are (currently) 9 points behind us.

The majority of our summer signings either lived locally or were originally from the Midlands. Even Elder spent a significant number of years living in Leicester. Blackett-Taylor matches that profile as he's from the Birmingham area. Even if we don't get him, we'll probably be targeting others from the local region.

15 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Elaborate 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I can't see Charlton selling cheaply to a promotion rival, even if he only has 6 months on his contract, and are (currently) 9 points behind us.

The majority of our summer signings either lived locally or were originally from the Midlands. Even Elder spent a significant number of years living in Leicester. Blackett-Taylor matches that profile as he's from the Birmingham area. Even if we don't get him, we'll probably be targeting others from the local region.

Hope so we get him but a host a championship clubs will be after him