Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can't help but feel we're being used to drive the price up before a Championship club comes in last minute and nabs him if that is anywhere near true.

I am also still convinced that Clowes is going to simply refuse to overpay for players.

Apart from that its all good right?

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can't help but feel we're being used to drive the price up before a Championship club comes in last minute and nabs him if that is anywhere near true.

I am also still convinced that Clowes is going to simply refuse to overpay for players.

Faie enough on both counts. If it happens, great, if not valid reasons are there and we move on.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Think the opposite is true. I think Huddersfield are being used to drive the price up for us and Clowes has not taken the lure. No offer from Huddersfield as yet, after all. 

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Excellent news. We'll not be contravening FFP again anytime soon then.

That said, Clowes is no fool and he'll know we have a chance to get over the line this season and I think he'll make sensible money available if PW requests it. FWIW, I do think this lad is coming to Derby, but it's just a hunch more than anything intuitive or factual.

Obviously we should not over pay. But we have to be prepared to pay the going rate or we will get nowhere. I remain convinced that the answer is in finding players that not everybody else is also aware of. That means looking outside of people coming to the end of, or at the  end of their contracts at Championship and league 1 clubs. Obviously that carries more of a risk but the people who really achieve in life are the ones that are prepared to back their judgement and take a risk    

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Obviously we should not over pay. But we have to be prepared to pay the going rate or we will get nowhere. I remain convinced that the answer is in finding players that not everybody else is also aware of. That means looking outside of people coming to the end of, or at the  end of their contracts at Championship and league 1 clubs. Obviously that carries more of a risk but the people who really achieve in life are the ones that are prepared to back their judgement and take a risk    

MM took a few risks 😉

On 07/01/2024 at 08:35, S8TY said:

sorry i got the fee wrong its 450K and medical on Monday apparently so this suggests they haven't given up on play offs at least and we have them twice soon so will be tricky games 

So I'm guessing this is what Warne is alluding too when he says things can change in an instant, this deal may not happen now as JCH has been apparently offered a better deal at the end of the season by a club  as his contract will be up and no fee meaning more money  for the player 

At 29 he wants this deal to be a good one so it looks like he might be staying at Posh for now this is a reliable source who also says we are definitely interested in CBT but also said in his opinion can be somewhat erratic and speed isn't everything, so looks like there maybe something in the CBT link to us 👍

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

So I'm guessing this is what Warne is alluding too when he says things can change in an instant, this deal may not happen now as JCH has been apparently offered a better deal at the end of the season by a club  as his contract will be up and no fee meaning more money  for the player 

At 29 he wants this deal to be a good one so it looks like he might be staying at Posh for now this is a reliable source who also says we are definitely interested in CBT but also said in his opinion can be somewhat erratic and speed isn't everything, so looks like there maybe something in the CBT link to us 👍

Do you know if we were the team to bid for cbt?

9 minutes ago, rams_1233 said:

Do you know if we were the team to bid for cbt?

All he said was we are definitely interested in Blackett - Taylor and has heard our name mentioned regarding him that's it I'm afraid 

Not much to go on I know but just thought I'd mention what I heard 

I don’t understand where this idea of overpaying is coming from

I understand everyone’s very keen to avoid the mistakes of the past but surely what we’re actually trying to avoid is the Nick Blackman signing. A so-so player bought off the back of a purple patch, with years left on his deal and to satisfy a manager who knew him personally (only to be sacked almost immediately after, which won’t be happening to Warne)

He’s a talented player in his prime, at 26 he will have resale value, and only has six months left on his contract so will cost less than what he would do with e.g. three years left on his contract

Surely Blackett-Taylor won’t be overpriced because you’d hypothetically be able to sell him for more money this summer? Once you sign him, he’s immediately worth more than what you paid for him

By all accounts, he’s a player who has championship clubs interested so could be worth much more in the best case scenario where he helps us get promoted and gets a season in the championship with Derby under his belt

We also have one standout winger available in NML and no one fully claiming the other spot. Without factoring money into it, this looks like a sure fire way to improve the starting XI for a team chasing the automatics. It also lessens the catastrophic NML injury scenario that, IMO, is currently our most worrying “what if”

I’m unfortunately getting my hopes up on this one, seems like a doozy if we can pull it off and the sort of smart business we’ve rarely seen this past decade. Now I’ve said that, we’ll probably see him grinning next to a Huddersfield Town shirt this time next week

The way I see it is that we’re in a game of chicken with Charlton.

They know he’s leaving and want the biggest fee they can get.  We know he’s leaving and want to pay as little as possible.  The closer we get to transfer deadline day will be the closer those two values come together - and whoever stands their ground longer benefits if the other team caved in first.  

Or both teams effectively lose out.

I’m not sure does this have an effect on anything but Huddersfield signed Radulovic from HJK last week. 

Not sure how much money they have to spend, but that deal took maybe around 700K from it. 

7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I understand everyone’s very keen to avoid the mistakes of the past but surely what we’re actually trying to avoid is the Nick Blackman signing. A so-so player bought off the back of a purple patch, with years left on his deal and to satisfy a manager who knew him personally (only to be sacked almost immediately after, which won’t be happening to Warne)

Didn't Blackman only have 6 months left on his deal at Reading when we signed him?

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

looks alrate but then again Jozefzoon looked like pele in his brentford highlights 

Oh man. Carl Leaburn was in the Charlton team at my FIRST EVER Derby game at the BBG in 1994, and now his son Miles pops up in a highlights reel. Somehow I am now old.

Edited by Gabby'sThighs
idiot

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

looks alrate but then again Jozefzoon looked like pele in his brentford highlights 

Sorry to say, I don't see a great deal here to excite me. He certainly run at pace with the ball at his feet, but beyond that, not much.

Reminded me of Abdoul Camara's highlights reel.

Edited by therealhantsram

13 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Oh man. Carl Leaburn was in the Charlton team at my FIRST EVER Derby game at the BBG in 1994, and now his son Miles pops up in a highlights reel. Somehow I am now old.

You feel old! My first ever Derby game was in the early 1950s to see Stan Mathews at the BBG!