Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

He will come good I'm sure! On face value he's got everything you want in a winger and the success he had at Charlton was from running at defenders, being direct and powerful.

However while its only been two games he looks genuinely lost on a football pitch. Reminds me of Space Jam when the "Monstars" steal the professionals ability 

I wonder if we ever was interested in Azeez at Reading  because I think he's one of the most effective players in L1 

CBT seems to be struggling so far so fingers crossed he turns out a good signing as we need players firing for us from now until the end of season

Saw Azeez tear Charlton a new one and was hoping we'd have a cheeky bid on him as Reading are in the poo financially and thought he was really good against us too...

24 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Agree. What was he like after two games. Of his loan? (Doubt anyone can remember)

Maybe not, but the DET match report of his debut is still around online... in which they praise his touch and control. So yeah, you could see his ability to control the ball and his first touch from game 1.

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good to hear our coaching staff are now criticising him in the media. That’ll do some good 

Can you provide any context for this? In the ramstv interview I watched earlier Warne said he’s a good option in the squad who he needs to give more game time to with the caveat that NML and Barkhuizen are in good form (which is hard to argue with).

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's been said?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can you provide any context for this? In the ramstv interview I watched earlier Warne said he’s a good option in the squad who he needs to give more game time to with the caveat that NML and Barkhuizen are in good form (which is hard to argue with).

"Criticising" is a bit strong, but it's not a particularly encouraging interview.

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good to hear our coaching staff are now criticising him in the media. That’ll do some good 

You may be having some difficulty determining the difference between a statement of fact and criticism, even though the criticism may have a founding in truth.

Let me try to make things clearer.

Factual statement: "I've not read many comments from kevinhectoring lately."

Criticism: "I've not read many comments from kevinhectoring lately because, frankly, nothing he posts is ever worth reading so I either skip over them or stick pins in my eyes."

Edited by Eddie

I'm not sure how someone can make that interview sound so negative.

RB is clearly saying the lad has had a couple of issues adjusting to the intensity and small injury niggles haven't helped his progress in getting up to speed with the rest of the squad. However, he is improving in training and if he continues to do so will likely find more minutes should the form of NML and Barkhuizen dip at all.

This is very normal for a professional footballer to experience in their career.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

He is proving to be a dud in the mould of others we signed. 

Really ? He’s very well rated but has come into a team that are right in the mix for top two from a team that despite having a very decent squad have underperformed to the extent they are right down the league , perhaps it’s no surprise that fitness and workload for what we want from him in his position are not at the level we want , add the fact that he seems to have some small injury niggles that are hampering getting to the required level and you may see him proving to be a dud is rather silly , we have players in form and getting the job done in the main so in my book warne and the staff are handling the situation very well 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, roboto said:

I'm not sure how someone can make that interview sound so negative.

RB is clearly saying the lad has had a couple of issues adjusting to the intensity and small injury niggles haven't helped his progress in getting up to speed with the rest of the squad. However, he is improving in training and if he continues to do so will likely find more minutes should the form of NML and Barkhuizen dip at all.

This is very normal for a professional footballer to experience in their career.

It’s got everything to do with pre-determined bias against the coaching staff and very little to do with objectively considering the content of the interview. Similar posts on other threads with a similar perspective shared last night. 
Your own observations are pretty much how I heard it as well, it’s potentially a bit of a challenge to the lad to show us what he’s about. If others see it another way that’s up to them