Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

He's come from the smoke(that's old London town for the young uns)to Derby a sleepy little village in the middle of England, A place that's not known for razza ma tazz or the night life one might be used too.

He'll find if he's not already noticed his wages will go a longer way in purchasing everyday stuffs...such as milk/butter and chickens eggs, You wont need another mortgage to take out for a beer, At the Joiners Arms where those that venture in there will be welcomed with a warm welcome and a finger pointing to their notice board where there's a good selection of Taxi services.

The Ladies of the night who can be found around the Normanton area will great you with a cheery smile and a "alright lovey" can I help you with those heavy bags while talking to men who have stopped in their cars to ask for directions.

He can go shopping in our new Derbion shopping mall which is full of fashionable shops, Cafes and a place where you can get your keys cut, There's even an upstairs where to get up there the stairs move, This can be confusing as I don't think they have them down the south.

The only difficulty would be our language with a "alright me duck" or an "av ya sin me dog mate" we travel on Busses not Basses, We pronounce our U's like "wot ya fcuking luckin at yoof" and not "oh hello may I help you".

Once CBT has got through all this he'll find that Derby is one hell of a good village and a vast number of the fans will encourage him in his endeavours, Of course there will be a few that expect all players to jump off the Bus running and be an instant hit, But those few still get confused with moving stairs.

20 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

He's come from the smoke(that's old London town for the young uns)to Derby a sleepy little village in the middle of England, A place that's not known for razza ma tazz or the night life one might be used too.

He'll find if he's not already noticed his wages will go a longer way in purchasing everyday stuffs...such as milk/butter and chickens eggs, You wont need another mortgage to take out for a beer, At the Joiners Arms where those that venture in there will be welcomed with a warm welcome and a finger pointing to their notice board where there's a good selection of Taxi services.

The Ladies of the night who can be found around the Normanton area will great you with a cheery smile and a "alright lovey" can I help you with those heavy bags while talking to men who have stopped in their cars to ask for directions.

He can go shopping in our new Derbion shopping mall which is full of fashionable shops, Cafes and a place where you can get your keys cut, There's even an upstairs where to get up there the stairs move, This can be confusing as I don't think they have them down the south.

The only difficulty would be our language with a "alright me duck" or an "av ya sin me dog mate" we travel on Busses not Basses, We pronounce our U's like "wot ya fcuking luckin at yoof" and not "oh hello may I help you".

Once CBT has got through all this he'll find that Derby is one hell of a good village and a vast number of the fans will encourage him in his endeavours, Of course there will be a few that expect all players to jump off the Bus running and be an instant hit, But those few still get confused with moving stairs.

That's a lot of fluff before you realise he's not from London.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s got everything to do with pre-determined bias against the coaching staff and very little to do with objectively considering the content of the interview. Similar posts on other threads with a similar perspective shared last night. 
Your own observations are pretty much how I heard it as well, it’s potentially a bit of a challenge to the lad to show us what he’s about. If others see it another way that’s up to them 

You could make the exact same argument about the pro-Warne lot as well.  There are a group of people on here (not saying you are one of them) that will refuse to accept any criticism of Warne at all, will defend even the most dreadful decisions to the hilt, immediately start blaming everyone else when we lose etc.  

It would have been very easy for Barker to basically say that CBT has been unlucky with injuries, has struggled to get his fitness up and they're working on it and leave it there.  But he goes well beyond that, saying CBT has struggled with training intensity, found it a shock, "he's going to have to adapt to us, we can't adapt to him", "if he doesn't adapt he'll fall by the wayside" etc.  None of that is normal stuff.  When you spend money on someone for the first time in 4 years, to have the coaching staff using the phrase "charity minutes" about him playing only 2 months later, it's clear something has gone very, very wrong.  To be clear, I'm not necessarily saying Warne or the coaching staff are at fault, it could be the recruitment staff, the medical staff, whoever negotiated with CBT (it they made promises about starting games or whatever), we don't know from the outside looking in.  But I can't believe we intended spending £400k on the guy just to have him twiddling his thumbs on the bench while he built his fitness up.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Looks like he’s going to be latest in a long line of players at this club where there’s a section of the fan base who slate him if he doesn’t score or assist whenever he’s on the pitch, even if it’s only 10 mins off the bench. 

I'm not sure many people are really doing that here.  I think more than anything, we're all confused as to why a player that was playing and contributing every week at another League One club, is suddenly barely fit enough to get on the pitch here.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

You could make the exact same argument about the pro-Warne lot as well.  There are a group of people on here (not saying you are one of them) that will refuse to accept any criticism of Warne at all, will defend even the most dreadful decisions to the hilt, immediately start blaming everyone else when we lose etc.  

It would have been very easy for Barker to basically say that CBT has been unlucky with injuries, has struggled to get his fitness up and they're working on it and leave it there.  But he goes well beyond that, saying CBT has struggled with training intensity, found it a shock, "he's going to have to adapt to us, we can't adapt to him", "if he doesn't adapt he'll fall by the wayside" etc.  None of that is normal stuff.  When you spend money on someone for the first time in 4 years, to have the coaching staff using the phrase "charity minutes" about him playing only 2 months later, it's clear something has gone very, very wrong.  To be clear, I'm not necessarily saying Warne or the coaching staff are at fault, it could be the recruitment staff, the medical staff, whoever negotiated with CBT (it they made promises about starting games or whatever), we don't know from the outside looking in.  But I can't believe we intended spending £400k on the guy just to have him twiddling his thumbs on the bench while he built his fitness up.

I'm not sure many people are really doing that here.  I think more than anything, we're all confused as to why a player that was playing and contributing every week at another League One club, is suddenly barely fit enough to get on the pitch here.

He was injured when we signed him (he'd missed a game or two prior), then got injured again. It's not some kind of conspiracy theory.

40 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's called Levity fella, You know...the treatment of a serious matter with humour or lack of due respect.

Last Time I looked Charlton is in London, I never mentioned in my "fluff" that he was from London...but played for a club in London.

Carry on 🙄

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

He was injured when we signed him (he'd missed a game or two prior), then got injured again. It's not some kind of conspiracy theory.

Ritchie Barker is crystal clear in that interview that it goes beyond just a few niggles and injuries, and that while they haven't helped, he's struggling to adapt to the training levels so they aren't really playing him until he does.  

And even beyond that, why are we signing players carrying injuries?  Washington and Elder both had injuries when we signed them in the summer too, and they've both struggled to contribute too.  Embleton and TJJ as well, coming off the back on injuries last season.  If Warne's training intensities are so high that players are struggling to adapt to it, we have to be better at recruiting players.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

All fair and reasonable observations, but bringing up one comment without context relating to a pre match interview from last week and posting in another thread with the implication that Warne is looking to blame a failure that has yet to transpire on the fan base strikes me as less than balanced in view.

Im not saying Barker answered in the best possible terms, but I don’t think it’s as bad as was implied. Just my opinion of course. However I stand by my observation that some posters cannot or will not see past their disproval of Warne and his staff to the point where their posts on the back of two good wins and before a big game tonight are focused on the wording in press conferences rather than the football team. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Please could you post some examples of this as I genuinely can't recall seeing anything like this? I'm aware confirmation bias could be at play so just wanna weigh up the evidence before commenting properly

2 hours ago, Srg said:

That's true, but if he's still got a Brummie accent, he's probably struggling to make himself understood!

56 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

All fair and reasonable observations, but bringing up one comment without context relating to a pre match interview from last week and posting in another thread with the implication that Warne is looking to blame a failure that has yet to transpire on the fan base strikes me as less than balanced in view.

Im not saying Barker answered in the best possible terms, but I don’t think it’s as bad as was implied. Just my opinion of course. However I stand by my observation that some posters cannot or will not see past their disproval of Warne and his staff to the point where their posts on the back of two good wins and before a big game tonight are focused on the wording in press conferences rather than the football team. 

I have no clue what you're on about there, the posts in this thread are all about CBT, as was the post I replied to 🤷‍♂️.

It's maybe not as bad as the first poster made it out to be, but it's certainly not as fine and dandy as some other posters appear to be making it out either.  And I would certainly hope there's some kind of thought process going in the club as to why so many of the players we've signed recently have struggled to make an impact.

44 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Please could you post some examples of this as I genuinely can't recall seeing anything like this? I'm aware confirmation bias could be at play so just wanna weigh up the evidence before commenting properly

I really can't be bothered naming names and starting arguments with people on here, but you'll find them in the match threads for games we've lost.  I'm talking about the "it's not Warne's fault at all, the players just don't want it enough" type stuff posted in response to any kind of query about tactics or game management.  There probably aren't that many of them, but I don't particularly think there are many in the opposite camp either.  The majority of people posting anti-Warne stuff are trying to make well-reasoned arguments about what they think is going wrong and why.  And of course if you don't like the kind of football a manager plays it's going to colour how you think about their performance, but I think the same is true for the other side too.  IMO there is definitely a group on here that absolutely detest the Cocu/Rosenior-style possession football and the fact that we have a manager that doesn't really want to play that way is colouring their opinion of him too.

Don't think CBT can be fairly judged yet.

He could well end up being a dud, but to the amateurs eye the signing certainly made sense. 

No issues with him warming the bench whilst NML and Barkhuizen are playing well. His poor contributions or poor fitness only becomes an issue if NML or Barkz's form drops off. 

As much as i'm not Warne's biggest fan (on the football front) I do agree that some people are taking cheap pops at CBT to hit Warne with another stick.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I have no clue what you're on about there, the posts in this thread are all about CBT, as was the post I replied to 🤷‍♂️.

It's maybe not as bad as the first poster made it out to be, but it's certainly not as fine and dandy as some other posters appear to be making it out either.  And I would certainly hope there's some kind of thought process going in the club as to why so many of the players we've signed recently have struggled to make an impact.

You replied specifically to my point that people’s bias against the manager was colouring their judgment, raising a counter point that people who support the manager do the same. Which is fair enough.

My initial point, the one you replied to, was informed by a couple of posts last night that focused on the wording of press conference answers in what I don’t think is a measured and balanced manner.

In simple terms I think some people who dislike Warne (and by extension his staff) will genuinely look for any stick to beat him with.

I’m not defending Warne here, I’m saying I think in my personal opinion it is odd to bring up the wording of press conferences as a point of contention when we’re 9 games out from the end of the season, with the possibility of promotion very much in our hands, having equalled our away wins record, outscoring most of the league, conceding less than most of the league, with another big game on the horizon tonight…. But yeah let’s have a dig about what Barker said in reply to a question about CBT before last Saturday’s game…

There’s more positive to focus on than negative in my view, irrespective of Warne. Each to their own I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You replied specifically to my point that people’s bias against the manager was colouring their judgment, raising a counter point that people who support the manager do the same. Which is fair enough.

My initial point, the one you replied to, was informed by a couple of posts last night that focused on the wording of press conference answers in what I don’t think is a measured and balanced manner.

In simple terms I think some people who dislike Warne (and by extension his staff) will genuinely look for any stick to beat him with.

I’m not defending Warne here, I’m saying I think in my personal opinion it is odd to bring up the wording of press conferences as a point of contention when we’re 9 games out from the end of the season, with the possibility of promotion very much in our hands, having equalled our away wins record, outscoring most of the league, conceding less than most of the league, with another big game on the horizon tonight…. But yeah let’s have a dig about what Barker said in reply to a question about CBT before last Saturday’s game…

There’s more positive to focus on than negative in my view, irrespective of Warne. Each to their own I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Ahhh, so you're moaning about people bringing up unrelated stuff out of context in other threads, by bringing up unrelated stuff out of context in another thread... 😉 FWIW I haven't seen the press conference you're referring to, or seen people talking about it, so I have no clue what the issue is.

I do think it's more than reasonable to be talking about why we are barely playing our major January signing though.  And Radio Derby certainly thought it was a significant enough answer from Barker to snip it out and post it on social media.  It's not like it's some random comment amongst a load of other stuff either, it's a a near-3 minute clip just talking about that one issue.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not defending Warne here, I’m saying I think in my personal opinion it is odd to bring up the wording of press conferences as a point of contention when we’re 9 games out from the end of the season, with the possibility of promotion very much in our hands, having equalled our away wins record, outscoring most of the league, conceding less than most of the league, with another big game on the horizon tonight…. But yeah let’s have a dig about what Barker said in reply to a question about CBT before last Saturday’s game

Totally agree.  And it’s the bit in bold I’m really struggling with.  It’s almost as if there’s disappointment at not being able to criticise the last 2 games so let’s do a search to see what I can find. And bring up something from 3 or 4 days ago just for the hell of it.  I’m fine with people wanting to criticise in a constructive way.  I just think in this case it’s neither necessary or constructive.  

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Ahhh, so you're moaning about people bringing up unrelated stuff out of context in other threads, by bringing up unrelated stuff out of context in another thread... 😉 FWIW I haven't seen the press conference you're referring to, or seen people talking about it, so I have no clue what the issue is.

I do think it's more than reasonable to be talking about why we are barely playing our major January signing though.  And Radio Derby certainly thought it was a significant enough answer from Barker to snip it out and post it on social media.  It's not like it's some random comment amongst a load of other stuff either, it's a a near-3 minute clip just talking about that one issue.

I’m not moaning about anything, I’ve expressed my opinion on it and said people are entitled to theirs.

And yes it’s reasonable to discuss why he’s not playing. Crack on 👍 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

42 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I would certainly hope there's some kind of thought process going in the club as to why so many of the players we've signed recently have struggled to make an impact.

So accepting that CBT is yet to make an impact, how many more on this list do you believe are struggling to make an impact?

Screenshot_20240312-132408-01.thumb.jpeg.91f1e6f9577d907a26b38a37c47cb5d4.jpeg

Just Fornah, Embleton and TJJ in my view. Waggy and Wash are coming back from injuries sustained in the line of work but have generally made an impact when fit and selected, Vickers has done Ok as back up keeper, but every one of the others is proving their value now IMO.

What kind of success rate were you expecting when none of them cost a transfer fee?

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Like Ward, Nelson and Bradley all were in your opinion?

Rubbish, Nelson and ward both did well from get go Bradley not but has since proven useful to a back 3. CBT has created little and shown even less. 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

So accepting that CBT is yet to make an impact, how many more on this list do you believe are struggling to make an impact?

Screenshot_20240312-132408-01.thumb.jpeg.91f1e6f9577d907a26b38a37c47cb5d4.jpeg

Just Fornah, Embleton and TJJ in my view. Waggy and Wash are coming back from injuries sustained in the line of work but have generally made an impact when fit and selected, Vickers has done Ok as back up keeper, but every one of the others is proving their value now IMO.

What kind of success rate were you expecting when none of them cost a transfer fee?

Out of that lot Crewton i'd say both Joe Ward and Kane Wilson as both of them aint looking too good 😁