Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

think to get the best out of blackett taylor and mendez laing we'd need to be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. an attacking mid with 2 wingers and a target man would be brill

You can see the potential, can't help but feel he's better suited to Championship football, against a higher calibre of player. I think we saw this against Portsmouth last night.

When it becomes a scrappy physical league one dog fight is where we'll lose him a bit.

I wonder if switching his and NML's positions might work. His charges through the middle were electrifying and he seemed  comfortable going either way. It would also enable NML to provide better cover to Sibbo than CBT is currently able to provide.

2 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

You can see the potential, can't help but feel he's better suited to Championship football, against a higher calibre of player. I think we saw this against Portsmouth last night.

When it becomes a scrappy physical league one dog fight is where we'll lose him a bit.

He'll be fine next season then.

On 03/04/2024 at 14:48, Magicman said:

His best showing so far and his run for our first goal was brilliant. I agree he needs to up his all round game but at least progress is happening. 

So you were wrong then? Again.

CBT's got more and more effective in the last few games, which is great to see. I think the wet surface held him back against Pompey, plus the crack fox incident. He stepped up when Nat had a quiet night.

Great feet, good pace, and is willing to run at defenders, who didn't quite know what to do with him. Add some more tracking & closing down into that package, he could be a very good player for Derby. With NML, Ward, Wilson, and maybe Sibley and Barks next season, then we'll have multiple good options on the wings (depending on formation, obvs).

Regardless of his patchy start, he has all the raw materials for what we need - plenty of pace, some trickery, and a willingness to run at people and pull defences about. A major worry this year has been 'What happens if NML breaks down or badly loses form?' Apart from NML we don't have many options that can really scare defences with their direct running so it was good to see CBT put in a good effective shift against the best team in the division. He's an athlete and of the right age profile. Hopefully bodes well for the future.

On 04/04/2024 at 17:55, Magicman said:

Why ? 

You were wrong because as usual, you wrote him off after only 80 minutes of football, something you appear to have forgotten. Perhaps this absolute doozy will help refresh your memory.

On 15/02/2024 at 07:05, Magicman said:

He seems unable to get into games and unlike adams shows little passion for the fight. Get shot !! 

35 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

You were wrong because as usual, you wrote him off after only 80 minutes of football, something you appear to have forgotten. Perhaps this absolute doozy will help refresh your memory.

Merely underlines my point then was valid and his improvement recognised by everyone.

16 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

Regardless of his patchy start, he has all the raw materials for what we need - plenty of pace, some trickery, and a willingness to run at people and pull defences about. A major worry this year has been 'What happens if NML breaks down or badly loses form?' Apart from NML we don't have many options that can really scare defences with their direct running so it was good to see CBT put in a good effective shift against the best team in the division. He's an athlete and of the right age profile. Hopefully bodes well for the future.

If you label him as 'an athlete' and not a footballer there's a few posters who will wet themselves (again).

21 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

He hasn't and there aren't. Silly comment.

My comment wasn't a dig at this poster - more at a few who reckon Warne only wants individuals who can run rather than signing more 'gifted' players which the signing of CBT would seem to disprove.

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

My comment wasn't a dig at this poster - more at a few who reckon Warne only wants individuals who can run rather than signing more 'gifted' players which the signing of CBT would seem to disprove.

My bad Wolfie. Apologies.

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you label him as 'an athlete' and not a footballer there's a few posters who will wet themselves (again).

Well, true ! But obvs I meant in the sense that he seems like he'd be able to play high intensity football once he'd understood what Warne needs from him to help the team. He seems to be getting there now and hopefully the timing will help us get over the line. We can't win every game by simply outplaying the opposition so we need players who can win games with a moment of trickery. We don't have an enormous number of those so we don't want it all to be just about NML or Wilson. The more potential headaches the opposition have, the better really.

• 4 weeks later...