Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

CBT with a full Warne pre season under him could be very interesting. He’s got bags of ability - finished in the whoscored top 10 players in league one because of his output at Charlton. 

I'd agree, we don't know the extent to which he was carrying injuries but it seems that's at least a part of it with him.

A preseason of getting PW fit and getting properly in sync with what his job is going to be and I think we'll see more from him next season.

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

CBT with a full Warne pre season under him could be very interesting. He’s got bags of ability - finished in the whoscored top 10 players in league one because of his output at Charlton. 

He's quick but seemed quite lazy to get in position when losing the ball, or to collect the ball in space..  His performance against Portsmouth was decent, against Wycombe he was woeful.  I'm smelling impact sub and i'm not sure we thought that's what we were getting.

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah my only concern is he doesn’t seem to offer much without the ball at all. Doesn’t seem a Warne player in any way but he obviously is a fan. Let’s see what he’s like in the new season.

Im sure Sheff Weds fans were saying the same about NML.

I wonder if his lack of effort off the ball was more down to fitness & recovering from injury. Also I think at one point Warne told NML to not to worry about tracking back so he had more impact in attacking areas (may have been last season) so maybe Warne did the same with CBT knowing he doesnt yet have the fitness for both.

I agree with others, a full preseason with Warne will do him the world of good, it certainly helped NML go up a level from last season.

Edited by DCFC1388

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im sure Sheff Weds fans were saying the same about NML.

I wonder if his lack of effort off the ball was more down to fitness & recovering from injury. Also I think at one point Warne told NML to not to worry about tracking back so he had more impact in attacking areas (may have been last season) so maybe Warne did the same with CBT knowing he doesnt yet have the fitness for both.

I agree with others, a full preseason with Warne will do him the world of good, it certainly helped NML go up a level from last season.

I agree, with CBT you can see the potential upside. He might never get there, but he's a technically gifted footballer with a good level of pace. He came into a side with much higher fitness standards, better quality of players and ultimately struggled to have the same impact.

It's absolutely not to say with a full pre-season that he can't offer a different proposition next season. 

What I will say for Warne is that he is able to get the best out of passive, technical footballers, because he beats the fundamentals into them. In his time here, he's got the best out of certain players and it's usually the best technical footballers in the squad who need tactical help. Bird is a great example. I think back to his days at Rotherham too - the likes of Barlaser came on significantly under him. 

He isn't going to bring players on technically, that's just not his game, but what he can and will do is add substance to technically gifted footballers. He was incredibly limited in doing that at Rotherham as it was incredibly difficult to sign technically gifted players on £5-6k a week. He has an opportunity to do that at Derby. 

I hold out hope for CBT in light of NML. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's quick but seemed quite lazy to get in position when losing the ball, or to collect the ball in space..  His performance against Portsmouth was decent, against Wycombe he was woeful.  I'm smelling impact sub and i'm not sure we thought that's what we were getting.

He is currently very difficult to pass to.

He needs to work the angles so he can be released down the wing.

Probably needs to come deeper and get some old-fashioned wall passing going.

He does worry defenders when he runs at them and if he’s willing to knuckle down, will be an asset.

29 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Also I think at one point Warne told NML to not to worry about tracking back so he had more impact in attacking areas (may have been last season) so maybe Warne did the same with CBT knowing he doesnt yet have the fitness for both.

This was similar to what Eric Steele was getting at a few weeks ago. With players like CBT don't expect them to track back - their value is being given a free rein with their ability to attack defenders, who are unsure whether they will take them on on the outside or inside. Making sure the left mid and left-sided defender are strong would be needed.

Edited by Wolfie20

personally not sure he'll be good enough for championship, impact player from the bench at best maybe

does anyone know if we are obligated to buy ?

rather we put  the 300K towards Adams fee

Money will be tight and we really need to spend it wisely

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

personally not sure he'll be good enough for championship, impact player from the bench at best maybe

It’s already done. 

FWIW, I think he showed flashes but clearly struggled for fitness and to seemingly get involved in a tight knit squad. Think pre-season will be huge for him and allow Warne to work on his defensive game to enable him to be trusted a bit more. He will be an asset next year, I’ve seen enough to believe that. 

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

We already paid a 300K loan fee, did a Bosman pre-contract deal with the lad, and as a result he joins permanently as a free agent on 1 July. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Yeah I hope he cracks on next season, but he didn’t have the impact we wanted at all after signing. Showed glimpses but looked pretty raw.

I think the key is going to be him buying into pressing and tracking back, looked miles off in this respect.

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah I hope he cracks on next season, but he didn’t have the impact we wanted at all after signing. Showed glimpses but looked pretty raw.

I think the key is going to be him buying into pressing and tracking back, looked miles off in this respect.

agree he really did but just that game against Pompey shows he might turn it around lets hope so 

Certainly too early to write him off, even though he did look a little idle when he joined us. Big comparisons with NML at the Wendies. I hope and believe he can go on to be a good player, hopefully he’ll have a good injury free pre season, then we’ll see what he can do!