Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

48 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Well, at least you've given him a fair crack of the whip before making your mind up 😂 Nothing like 135 minutes of football to form a complete assessment of a player 

Good players make an impact - look at  Adams by comparison. 

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So we've officially written off a player who has barely played, and hasn't been at full fitness when he has?

Right. Someone make that make sense to me please?

I think that's kind of part of it.  He was supposed to be the big marquee signing, the hotshot in-form goal-scoring winger, the missing piece of the puzzle to kick us on a level (or it certainly felt like that was the intention from the outside).  Now, instead of that, he's suddenly not fit, then he's injured, then he's playing but not really fit.  Plus he doesn't really seem to fit the gas-out, aggressive pressing type of football that we want to play either.  So it kind of feels like, instead of blowing our budget on a difference-maker, we've wasted on it on someone who's struggling to even get in the side.

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think that's kind of part of it.  He was supposed to be the big marquee signing, the hotshot in-form goal-scoring winger, the missing piece of the puzzle to kick us on a level (or it certainly felt like that was the intention from the outside).  Now, instead of that, he's suddenly not fit, then he's injured, then he's playing but not really fit.  Plus he doesn't really seem to fit the gas-out, aggressive pressing type of football that we want to play either.  So it kind of feels like, instead of blowing our budget on a difference-maker, we've wasted on it on someone who's struggling to even get in the side.

Thank goodness then that we aren't giving out any long contracts anymore.

Sugar Rush Vintage GIF by Four Rest Films

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Concentrate less on the lyrics shown directly within my gif, and more on the title of said Dolly Parton hit!

Hint:
It begins with "Here we go..." and ends with "...Again"!  🤣

Got to confess I'm no expert when it comes to Dolly Parton songs, but both the song title and the written words on your gif plus my gif just about sum up the quote.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

We've not seen nearly enough to judge either way.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We've not seen nearly enough to judge either way.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's definitely going to be awful or going to be great.  But he's been here a nearly month and has contributed absolutely nothing so far.  Surely the intention of signing one of the most productive wingers in the league this season, was that we could just drop him into the side and he would carry on being productive?  Not giving him a couple of months to get fit, and maybe we'll see something before the end of the season.  That's what's feeding into peoples disappointment with him.  

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

To be honest, I've come to the conclusion that most signgings will struggle with injuries during their first season under Warne. If i'm proven correct, we'll finally see the best out of Ward, Elder, Blackett-Taylor, Washington, etc next season.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be honest, I've come to the conclusion that most signgings will struggle with injuries during their first season under Warne. If i'm proven correct, we'll finally see the best out of Ward, Elder, Blackett-Taylor, Washington, etc next season.

I suspect you're not entirely wrong.  Which creates an even bigger problem for next season, given the number of out-of-contract players that will need replacing.

CBT will be fine.

He has played 1.5 games in four weeks so he is obviously not fully fit nor up to speed.

It’s a shame he has not hit the ground running but there is no point in writing him off.

Mendez Laing, Barkhuizen and Wilson have all had spells in the team where things haven’t clicked but they have bounced back and performed.

I am pretty confident he will come good.

Edited by Jourdan