Elliot Embleton - signed on a season-long-loan - cancelled

Barney1991

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sibley you'd think after the reaggravation.

Where has a reaggravation been reported? Richie Barker said yesterday that Sibley had a groin complaint last week (different to his calf injury from the summer) which was not as bad as first feared and the expectation was a return to training next week. Is there a change to that info out there? 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Where has a reaggravation been reported? Richie Barker said yesterday that Sibley had a groin complaint last week (different to his calf injury from the summer) which was not as bad as first feared and the expectation was a return to training next week. Is there a change to that info out there? 

Apologies, I'd presumed his calf injury from the summer was also groin.

Sunderland fans don't love him, but do recognise he has some technical ability. He did well in 21/22 at this level and at a decent age, albeit struggled with injuries more recently. He comes in alongside the likes of Rooney, Thompson, Sibley, Wilson, Fornah and John-Jules who are younger players looking to establish themselves. 

A wait and see on this one for me. 

I think he would be coming in not as a guaranteed starter and someone we are relying upon but an option and someone who can do something different. That's no bad thing.

If this meant Hourihane, or Thompson, or Bird were out the door and this was the touted replacement I'd be concerned but as it is I am not.

Sunderland fans say he's better off the bench, that suits me just fine, there's competition in those midfield positions so he won't get a sniff if he plays and he's a passenger