Andy Yiadom

Dartmouth Ram

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

31 years old. Fantastic.

Let's just have a whole team of right backs.

If we're ditching the 5 at the back we do need someone who's somewhat competent defensively at RB (we can't really move Smith back there if we lose Bird and/or don't get a new midfielder)... although tbh I have no idea whether Yiadom is actually any good.

Edited by Kokosnuss

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

31 years old. Fantastic.

Let's just have a whole team of right backs.

Who are our right backs? 

Ward is a winger/wingback 

Wilson isn't a right back. That's why he couldn't get in Bristol City's team cos they switched to a four at the back.

So in terms of an out and out right back who can play in a 4. Where are all our right backs that we have a team of?

We're on about playing 4 at the back on Saturday and right now it looks like Smith is going to have to play there.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Would be a good signing if ditching 352, or at least make us more flexible between formations. He also played for Barnsley which is only 12.7 miles from Rotherham.

Exactly this mate. No problem playing 352 if we have the right players.

There are some games it will work and some it won't. But having flexibility to change to a four at the back is massively important. Which is what Warne has maybe realised.

2 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Ward and wilson are rwb.  I am sure even if we were to go 4 at the back both would be ok at right back all be it attacking.

Being one of the strongest teams (allegedly) i would expect our full backs to be attacking anyway.

Good player but not what we need with limited budget left

Yeah I get that. But I don't think the budget will be as limited if we sell Cashin.

Although I think signing a right back and playing 4 at the back is the right move, it doesn’t half get on my t*ts that Warne couldn’t see the players he’s splashed all our wage budget on wouldn’t fit that system. So needs to now spend our remaining budget signing a 3rd player capable of playing on the right hand side of our defence. 
Either that or Wards injury is a bad one. 

Yet again another player over the age of 30 with absolutely no resale value or room to improve. I just don’t understand what is going on with our recruitment this year at all. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Who are our right backs? 

Ward is a winger/wingback 

Wilson isn't a right back. That's why he couldn't get in Bristol City's team cos they switched to a four at the back.

So in terms of an out and out right back who can play in a 4. Where are all our right backs that we have a team of?

We're on about playing 4 at the back on Saturday and right now it looks like Smith is going to have to play there.

Last season our fullbacks for many games were Smith (a CM) and Sibley (an AM) and neither of them embarrassed themselves

I really think a couple of players whose positions are a tiny bit further forward than RB could probably adapt