Andy Yiadom

Dartmouth Ram

13 hours ago, eddy779h34 said:

To be honest I think I would take Andy Carroll a bit of a handful at this level if he would take low wages

don't know if he's fit though

nope, has the energy and speed of a knacker cart horse. The Reading fans have been saying he gets bullied by L1 defenders

13 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

If we're ditching the 5 at the back we do need someone who's somewhat competent defensively at RB (we can't really move Smith back there if we lose Bird and/or don't get a new midfielder)... although tbh I have no idea whether Yiadom is actually any good.

We haven’t got a right back as both ward and Wilson are reportedly rubbish at defending - I sure would be signing Andy Carroll to give us hope of winning a header in a front 2 

On 17/08/2023 at 21:47, BPV said:

Although I think signing a right back and playing 4 at the back is the right move, it doesn’t half get on my t*ts that Warne couldn’t see the players he’s splashed all our wage budget on wouldn’t fit that system. So needs to now spend our remaining budget signing a 3rd player capable of playing on the right hand side of our defence. 
Either that or Wards injury is a bad one. 

Yet again another player over the age of 30 with absolutely no resale value or room to improve. I just don’t understand what is going on with our recruitment this year at all. 

It’s true, but resale value is only important if you’ve paid something in the first place. 
Paying big transfer fees for older players is bonkers but if they are on free then paying wages to a new worker is totally ok 

2 hours ago, jono said:

It’s true, but resale value is only important if you’ve paid something in the first place. 
Paying big transfer fees for older players is bonkers but if they are on free then paying wages to a new worker is totally ok 

Most free transfers include sign on fees, agent fees and bonuses. They're still not completely free, even though I accept your point.

Bigger problem is it just kicks the can further down the road, and you end up perpetually doing the same thing with no continuity.

Just now, Srg said:

Most free transfers include sign on fees, agent fees and bonuses. They're still not completely free, even though I accept your point.

Bigger problem is it just kicks the can further down the road, and you end up perpetually doing the same thing with no continuity.

Maybe thats part of the plan .. as weird as it sounds

if it buys the club time, time to get away from the EFL business plan, time to reingnite the accademy , time for the accademy kids to come of age etc 

i agree i am a little concerned that all these senior players we’re brining in only kicks the can down the road … unless theres a genuine game plan behind it all 

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Maybe thats part of the plan .. as weird as it sounds

if it buys the club time, time to get away from the EFL business plan, time to reingnite the accademy , time for the accademy kids to come of age etc 

i agree i am a little concerned that all these senior players we’re brining in only kicks the can down the road … unless theres a genuine game plan behind it all 

I get that, but still need to sprinkle in a few more young'uns because at the moment, it's at the detriment of our actual performances on the pitch.

56 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, you’re on the money there. Kane Wilson is raw and makes mistakes but the legs made a heck of a difference dont they 

They do. Thought he looked like he might run down a few blind alleys in his cameo against Oxford, but just having the legs to gallop up the pitch was pleasing to see