Let’s have a sing song!

“Cashin, turn to the left
Cashin, turn to the right
Ooh Cashin
He’s in the Rams squad and we're coming to town
Beep-beep, beep-beep”………..

I'll try me best to get it started pal but it looks a bit of a challenge.🙂

20 minutes ago, Jram said:

Anyone actually know how the compensation system works? Should be leave for free next summer, how do the EFL figure out what we’re owed?

There's a number of factors. Number of club appearances, international appearances, how long he's been with us, what sort of contract we've offered, etc.

Other people might be able to provide better estimates based on recent history but I'd guess at about 1-1.5 million. We would get more for Bird, I believe.

Edit: it's decided by an independent panel.

Edited by Scott129

9 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

There's a number of factors. Number of club appearances, international appearances, how long he's been with us, what sort of contract we've offered, etc.

Other people might be able to provide better estimates based on recent history but I'd guess at about 1-1.5 million. We would get more for Bird, I believe.

Edit: it's decided by an independent panel.

Only bit I’d add is that the clubs can agree a figure between them (I think) before it goes to a panel. 

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

How? Does he set the budget for Brighton? Does he decide his own value to us? Does he just text Warne and say "I don't like you, I've gone to Brighton, bye"?

Do you have any idea how football works?

He might have a great relationship with Warne. But I don't believe for a second that's enough to stop him wanting to train with Ansu Fati every day instead of Bradley.

He climbs out the window in a Mears maneuver.

But in all seriousness, if a player wants out they more often than not get their way and their club has to take what they can get.

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

How? Does he set the budget for Brighton? Does he decide his own value to us? Does he just text Warne and say "I don't like you, I've gone to Brighton, bye"?

Do you have any idea how football works?

He might have a great relationship with Warne. But I don't believe for a second that's enough to stop him wanting to train with Ansu Fati every day instead of Bradley.

I think he would have liked saying Farty anyway

2 hours ago, Jram said:

Anyone actually know how the compensation system works? Should be leave for free next summer, how do the EFL figure out what we’re owed?

A lot of factors, but it’s not exact science. They tried to refine it, which would’ve been interesting with regards to Jason Knight as he was a little bit of a unicorn in terms of high volume of international appearances, club appearances, etc. Not sure how much exactly we would’ve got, but it was likely going to be high based on the letter of the law. 

Cashin doesn’t have volume of appearances or international appearances so in theory should be less, but not sure how this interest comes into it. Assume his contract would be high value too - £1.5-2m per year. I do know that comes into it. 

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I am pleased he is still with us. Hopefully this hasnt messed with his head/team spirit too much. 
What is the basic difference does anyone know between championship and league 1 club income? Is that likely more or less next season under revised tv deal?

Wycombe chairman said it was an £8m difference when he was complaining about us 

7 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

What I want to know is why was it to late  when Percy reported it around 22:00 a deal sheet could have gone in. Clubs agree deals after 22:00 

Got to think some of the deals on deadline day had been going on all day and was still 50/50 to be completed. 

Not sure if we accepted a bid at around 08:00/09:00 that everyone had enough time to do their bit.

I just hope this hasn't messed up the prep for today's game.

Warne may have made the decision to not include him because of the uncertainty, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's in the 11, so long as he himself hadn't been affected too much, which IMO was the reasoning, in combination of the new partners/tactics, that he was so poor, relative to his standards, in 1st couple of games.

Time will tell if it not getting over the line yesterday is a good or bad thing, especially if the report of the 4 month loan back was the compromise due to us needing to replace him if he had of left fully. Personally, I think a fee North of £2.5m and loan to Jan was a good deal.

I’m both disappointed we didn’t sell and happy he’s still here. 

We don’t know the structure of any deal but £3.6m is very good for a league 1 player in last year of his contract, and the loan back until Jan was an added bonus. Selling him enabling us to in JCH and possibly another wide player would’ve have made us stronger and heavy favourites for promotion IMO.

That said, still happy with what we have and I think we have a real chance this season in a wide open league, and we can move in January if necessary.

We’re in a good place 

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m both disappointed we didn’t sell and happy he’s still here. 

We don’t know the structure of any deal but £3.6m is very good for a league 1 player in last year of his contract, and the loan back until Jan was an added bonus. Selling him enabling us to in JCH and possibly another wide player would’ve have made us stronger and heavy favourites for promotion IMO.

This surely is the point. Percy was quoting an 'end' amount. So it is more than possible the up front amount was small.

Indeed I imagine the up front amount was less than we'll get compo!

So Percy was just sh*t-stirring and we couldn't come to an agreement because Brighton wouldn't offer enough but were happy to unsettle further Cashin.

Edited by RoyMac5

They get £80 million for a midfielder with maybe 1 season where he has looked the business and are expecting to sign a young player for probably a million or two max (plus add-ons) who they could potentially shift on after a few loan fees for several times that relatively easily.  Glad we told them to get lost.