Sonny Bradley

DCFC Kicks

Just now, vonwright said:

I though Cocu showed signs of what I expected, he just couldn't adapt to the players not having the level of technical skill his system required. So it ended up us keeping the ball in our own half with completely unthreatening passes until we inevitably made a mistake, threw a goal away, and had absolutely no way of scoring ourselves. 

(I think Cocu's plan was to wait until all our players magically became Barcelona-level technical footballers. Which surprisingly they never did.)

Bradley will be sound at this level. Get the mistakes out the way early doors then given support and confidence he'll be in the running for POTS. 

Maybe its me old memory banks playing up but i always used to think we gave players a few games before we decided they were poor.

Mick Brolly got a season ffs!

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bradley will be sound at this level. Get the mistakes out the way early doors then given support and confidence he'll be in the running for POTS. 

Maybe its me old memory banks playing up but i always used to think we gave players a few games before we decided they were poor.

Mick Brolly got a season ffs!

He’s had a rotten start, his confidence will have taken a hell of a knock. He’s never been quick and now with our growing injury list there won’t be the option to re integrate him gradually or pick him for particular opponents . It’s up to him, Warne and us to give him the confidence he will need. Getting on his back won’t help much. 

Just hope he has a stormer next time out and they are working on communication in training. Oh and can we have a back 4 now !

On 03/09/2023 at 09:16, Gerry Daly said:

To compare Bradley to Keogh is just ridiculous. Keogh had some faults but he was a top championship defender. Played 300 odd games for us at that level. Bradley isn’t good enough for league 1 at the moment. Craig Forsyth was preferred to him yesterday to start alongside Nelson to replace Cashin. That says it all doesn’t it? A 35 year old left back preferred to him. Then when we had no option but to bring him on he produces another howler. He may improve but he’s 32 so I think that’s unlikely. We have dropped a clanger

32? The way his play has been described I assumed he was about 40.....

I think the international break will do him good, also can see him being a big player for us still, some players just take a little longer to settle, like Curtis Davis did, also Craig Short took a while, Sonny has not become a bad player overnight, apart from the 1 mistake against Bolton, he had a decent game. Lets get behind the lad, and support him through this tough start he has had. 

24 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Nelson will go RB next game, Bradley and Cashin will look solid. 

Quote me, @ me, laugh at me but I don’t buy that he’s just not up for it. When we don’t have any choice about playing him they will get him integrated into this team.

I expect PW to use the lack of any fit RBs currently to move Korey Smith back there so it isn't as obvious he is dropping him from the midfield. The whole blend has not looked right in there yet this season, Hourihane is captain so won't be the first to be dropped and we have Fornah and Embleton waiting in the wings with more pace, power, agility and (possibly) ability. Then Bird and Thompson will return and I suspect Smith might then be at the bottom of quite a long midfield list.

Nelson didn't look comfortable at RB when he was pushed out there in one game.

• 4 months later...
On 07/09/2023 at 11:16, trappatoni said:

Thing is unless we play a back 3 he is behind Nelson and Cashin - if we do play a 3 then the evidence is it suits none of those 3.   

We are all eating a bit of humble pie tonight . He must keep it up till the end of the season now . 

Deserves credit for his effort. He's probably suffering the most out of all of us that things went so catastrophically wrong in his early season I'd think. Hope for his sake that he becomes more important to the team in the future. I would think he is fine with a slightly more defensive midfield in front of him.

(However, it was awfully close that he scored an own goal against Charlton, so it is as usual small margins that apply in football's historiography).

He was fabulous against Charlton. Winning headers, getting his body in the way, and looking comfortable on the ball. I’ve been one of those who doubted him - he was getting caught out of position and completely missing headers far too often in previous games.

Let’s hope that yesterday’s Bradley is the one who shows up for the rest of the season. It looks like there’s still a player in there after all. 

1 hour ago, ck- said:

He was fabulous against Charlton. Winning headers, getting his body in the way, and looking comfortable on the ball. I’ve been one of those who doubted him - he was getting caught out of position and completely missing headers far too often in previous games.

Let’s hope that yesterday’s Bradley is the one who shows up for the rest of the season. It looks like there’s still a player in there after all. 

He still can’t run and he makes me nervous but he was ok yesterday.