Sonny Bradley

DCFC Kicks

12 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Genuinely forgot te wierek ever existed!

I thought te wierik was going to come in and be a dominant centre back, the leader of the defence and a strong figure in the team. We saw absolutely none of that. I thought Bradley would be the same but we haven't seen it yet. Still need to give him some time though.

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I thought te wierik was going to come in and be a dominant centre back, the leader of the defence and a strong figure in the team. We saw absolutely none of that. I thought Bradley would be the same but we haven't seen it yet. Still need to give him some time though.

Yeah, said yesterday than other than the sending off thought played quite well and was best had looked so far.

Obviously the sending off a big but, and not the first mistake. Don’t think is a total bust like some do. Might be another player that looks better in a four. Probably fourth choice centre back now though.

14 hours ago, Foreveram said:

That’s pretty much the definition of singling someone out 🙄

Sorry, I should of said "I don't normally single people out (apart from collins)

Actually, who am I kidding. If you're poo, I'll say it how it is, and right now, Bradley belongs on Blackpool beach. 

59 minutes ago, Topram said:

Was looking very good Saturday made a few very important blocks and tackles stuff happens give him time 

I agree to be fair. The mistakes can be ironed out, he must be having a mental nightmare at the moment. His confidence will be shot. But you could see there was a player there, deep down, he did some good stuff.

28 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I agree to be fair. The mistakes can be ironed out, he must be having a mental nightmare at the moment. His confidence will be shot. But you could see there was a player there, deep down, he did some good stuff.

Thing is, is Warne going to set up the defence so that we see that good player? I thought when we saw the Stoke game preseason that he looked impossible to get past. But playing out from the back or being too far forward and last man? Nah.

23 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Bradley will be fine - wasn't having a bad game on Saturday until that clanger

Remember he missed most of last season with injury, then came here, played in a three which didn't suit him or anyone around him, and then got dropped - think he just needs a run of games 

Luton played with a back 3 in 53 of the 54 games played last season and 46 of the 52 they played the season before. Tactics are the problem, not formation.

We have an issue in that Nelson has proven worthy of his place. Cashin, now he’s with us, has to start. Forsyth remains reliable but probably isn’t the athlete PW wants at LWB. 
Those three are the basis of a half decent defence, but probably only as three of four. 
We don’t have a natural RB unless he gambles on Bardell or goes back to Smith.

Wilson and Ward are RWBs but we don’t really have the blend of CBs for that unless it’s Nelson, Forsyth and Cashin, which then needs a good LWB.

I still think 4-3-3 is our best and most competitive formation but we need that RB.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

We have an issue in that Nelson has proven worthy of his place. Cashin, now he’s with us, has to start. Forsyth remains reliable but probably isn’t the athlete PW wants at LWB. 
Those three are the basis of a half decent defence, but probably only as three of four. 
We don’t have a natural RB unless he gambles on Bardell or goes back to Smith.

Wilson and Ward are RWBs but we don’t really have the blend of CBs for that unless it’s Nelson, Forsyth and Cashin, which then needs a good LWB.

I still think 4-3-3 is our best and most competitive formation but we need that RB.

Wouldn't be totally surprised to see Nelson starting at RB for a while, until Ward/Wilson are back.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Wouldn't be totally surprised to see Nelson starting at RB for a while, until Ward/Wilson are back.

You may be correct but I'd give Bardell a crack. If he struggles in a couple of games then Smith is the option. I'd rather have Nelson and Cashin at CB together in a four.

23 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Ha me too. Probably the biggest gap between expectation and reality I can remember. Although I had very high hopes for Joswiak, too, he wasn't quite as terrible/non existent.

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Bigger than Cocu himself?

I though Cocu showed signs of what I expected, he just couldn't adapt to the players not having the level of technical skill his system required. So it ended up us keeping the ball in our own half with completely unthreatening passes until we inevitably made a mistake, threw a goal away, and had absolutely no way of scoring ourselves.