v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

What did Warne mean in his post match interview on RamsTv when he said "there are possible reasons for the poor performance but that (he) couldn't go into them, obviously"?

Surely that must be about the players being distracted by transfer links again?

Its a bit of a poor excuse. None of the players looked like they weren't putting the effort in.  

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Now it’s only a sample size of 2 games that’s I’ve watched, but Bradley is in the running for the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Derby. 

Definitely, he’s already moved ahead of Bragstad, not sure he’s overtaken Grenet yet though. 

But yeah, he’s stinking the place out, what a s*** signing. 

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Post match interview with PW was concerning. I don't think he saw the same game as some of us.

And that has been the issue for quite a while. If he doesn’t genuinely see where the problems are he cannot course correct. A lot of us see it and he and his team appears not. 

I noted that a long time back and I feel the management team rode their luck in a few instances last year. They are too slow to counteract opposition strategy and at times do not even recognise it is occurring. The lack of movement now  and basic triangulations certainly worry me as it is a basic part of modern football and many times this evening, we could not overlap as the strategy and structure had not even planned for it.

Our ex goalkeeping coach nailed it on RDerby, when he said after 26 minutes it needed changing. I’m behind the technical area on the West Stand  and have been for over ten years and folks were shouting to the management about movement, shape, desire, press and playing to feet. What we got was deafears  - I personally feel that they are like deer in headlights, it’s all too much and they are now blinded by the challenge. Hopefully not too pig-headed.

I have genuinely wanted this management group to be successful  but the bravado is too much, we need tactics not jokes, we need polish not placating, and we need serious tactical, structured, strategic football and not Sunday morning hoofball . 

PW and his team can make this work but ego and big boy humour has to be diluted and professionalism has go to come to the fore, this is not the division that it was a few years ago but one that has been reshaped by too many would be prem dropouts. Time for PW and his team to grow some bits below as they’re out their comfort zone now.

I just hope they can try to listen, and although we aren’t pros some of us have been watching, what we can seriously remember, of DCFC and football for over 60 years now, so actually we have seen this a bit too frequently.

I seriously wish good luck to PW and colleagues but do hope they start to become humble and learn, as now is the time.

Just got home. Thought Wigan was depressing. That was so not worth the effort involved but positives:

- South Stand much more perky tonight do you think as no drum or nothing to do with it?

- good size crowd again for midweek in holiday season

- it was nice and warm

- no traffic on the way there so time for fish & chips for tea

- Thommo great sub and Waggy nice goal - both should start Sat. 

cant bear to even mention the rest of it. Unbelievably worrying

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Just got home. Thought Wigan was depressing. That was so not worth the effort involved but positives:

- South Stand much more perky tonight do you think as no drum or nothing to do with it?

- it was nice and warm

Don't worry.  There's things that might be affecting things that might affect things that will effectively be effected and the affect will be brill but it can't be talked about as heads are turning. Were all in it together and I'm just as culpable but I wouldn't have headed that and he want's to move.  Get me coffee machine working and work on it in training running round cones and it will be sweet. Get them all doing karaoke to Erasure pre match and Get the pressure on and bust a gut like Wash. Is everybody gassed out at 60 mins.  The fans were as they all went so that's great. Where's Swifty.? Has anyone seen my book of John Beck tactics? Is it time for me to read the travel Dom? I need more pace and mugs or mugs with pace and no bling.  Get me the A-Z of 30 yr old strikers from Rotherham someone. Hello.  Anyone? Who turned out the lights and switched the mic off?  

Well as I’ve said before , my wife has started to come to games with me and is taking an interest in football , it’s interesting the comments from someone like her new to the game , she watched on rt with me last night and turned to me and said , it’s a bit like pinball, 😂,hmmmm

For me I wonder how have we made Oxford look like Man City? I’m not big on formations ect but what I always see is passing and movement , we have none of that , we cannot play a simple pass , we cannot make simple movements to give options,

honestly , I don’t know where we go at this point , it’s very worrying, perhaps a cattle prod in training and any player not making movement off the ball and any playing passing to the opposition gets zapped 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think he means that he has spent the budget and has been told to shift players out before he can sign anymore. That however does not address my gripe for a while now about our predictably and how easy we are to play against. Any opposing manager will know how we will play ,will know Warne will not make a sub until the 60th minute , will know there is no plan B if they have watched our gang of three having a 10 minute discussion before making a sub. Unfortunately I said after Burton we were outplayed for 45 minutes and nothing has changed tactically. So Paul, either accept this club is too big for you and your mates or quit the jokes and start earning your corn. At the moment you are embarrassing David Clowes 

5 hours ago, CBRammette said:

- it was nice and warm

Hope the fish and chips was good.

2 hours ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Sometimes you can have a great performance on the field and the result goes against you,  but performances like these are worrying. I see nothing out there that says promotion this season.

And a gap is already starting.

This is why I’ve had enough it’s not the defeats it’s the performances and I can’t see it getting any better 😢

Been hoping would feel better about it this morning but if anything its worse. Would never boo our team personally but that was a lot of booing off at half time not just a few. Will be interesting to see how PW and team handle this as cant imagine he's faced this sort of pressure previously. 

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Been hoping would feel better about it this morning but if anything its worse. Would never boo our team personally but that was a lot of booing off at half time not just a few. Will be interesting to see how PW and team handle this as cant imagine he's faced this sort of pressure previously. 

The truth is that as long as I can remember as a Derby fan, I’m yet to see a manager turn it around once things like being booed at half time starts happening. 

A hammering by Peterborough or Bolton will be the straw that breaks the camels back. 

Slept on it thoughts... and I'm afraid it's no better.

I have always had faith in Warne. His interviews can be odd, but on the whole, they're refreshing and honest. But what actually happens isn't what he preaches. Pressing? Nope. Need pace? Don't sign any. Energy and intensity? Never heard of it. Get in behind? How?

The whole team does not function at all in it's current guise with the severe lack of pace and athleticism. I struggle to see what we can change without Warne accepting he's going to have to play inexperienced players, or we have to sign players - fast.

Starting at the back, Bradley is not that guy. He's slow, he's tentative, he doesn't attack the ball, there's nothing authoritative about him. Cashin doesn't look like the player we've seen before. Hourihane can't move with the ball, he's basically only on the pitch for set pieces. Korey Smith is anonymous and is glacially slow. Bird isn't an attacking midfielder. NML is a wide player. Collins doesn't jump for anything and it would be unkind to call him a carthorse. 

Ward was a slight bright spot to the season, now injured. Wilson looks ok, albeit needs to get his head up a bit, but has no options on because there's no movement. Washington looks ok, but that's simply because he moves... crazy that that's all it takes. 

Rooney, Robinson, Thompson, Bardell, Brown, Radcliffe... should all be wanting time on this pitch because the ability to be able to move is the only requirement to be able to improve the mess we are currently chucking out.