v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

Ticket sales are a bit slow for this one at the moment, which can be expected for a Tuesday night match with another home game on Saturday.

Currently around 4,500 home tickets left, plus the other 1,000+ which would go on sale if we were getting close to selling out.

Oxford have an initial allocation of 1,000, which at the moment doesn’t look to have sold out.

I would think the attendance will be 25k to 26k.

47 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Why change the team from Albion. Smith did his job as much as anyone. 

Despite the result, the balance still isn't quite right. Smith touched the ball once in the second half, which is why he deserves to be dropped. He would have had more touches if he lay down in the centre circle for 45 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Ticket sales are a bit slow for this one at the moment, which can be expected for a Tuesday night match with another home game on Saturday.

Currently around 4,500 home tickets left, plus the other 1,000+ which would go on sale if we were getting close to selling out.

Oxford have an initial allocation of 1,000, which at the moment doesn’t look to have sold out.

I would think the attendance will be 25k to 26k.

Come on you lot.

If I can get there from Bristol on a Tuesday night, you can get there!

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Despite the result, the balance still isn't quite right. Smith touched the ball once in the second half, which is why he deserves to be dropped. He would have had more touches if he lay down in the centre circle for 45 minutes. 

He can't touch the ball if defenders are sailing it over his head! 

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

He can't touch the ball if defenders are sailing it over his head! 

This! The result papered over a few cracks performance wise however none of us will care about performances if we go on a 20 game unbeaten run. 

I would say that we need to be trying to play through the middle with our talented midfielders. Draw the opposition narrow and then pow - ball pinged out to the wings for wingbacks to get on to. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

He’s literally the only player we have with pace. He needs to play. 

Agree, one of the only ones that allows us to break at pace, but we saw both sides vs Burton; when he breaks away and shoots he generally doesn’t score but when he breaks away and passes we make opportunities like bird’s open goal miss. Keep it as it. Waghorn looked surprisingly spritely when coming on and went past a few players too though. NML’s pace will be the biggest asset away at better teams in this league though, where they’re not camped in.

Just now, Red_ram said:

Agree, one of the only ones that allows us to break at pace, but we saw both sides vs Burton; when he breaks away and shoots he generally doesn’t score but when he breaks away and passes we make opportunities like bird’s open goal miss. Keep it as it. Waghorn looked surprisingly spritely when coming on and went past a few players too though. NML’s pace will be the biggest asset away at better teams in this league though, where they’re not camped in.

Only change that must be tempting is Elder for Forsyth for energy and age reasons. Unless we were to shift the balance slightly and bring in Washington for maybe Smith. 

3 hours ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I'd like to see Waghorn in for NML, fitness allowing.

I can't see a good fit for NML in our current formation, but Warne loves him.

I can only judge from the highlights, but NML could have easily been involved in 4 goals on Saturday, he brought out 2 good saves from their keeper from shots on his 'wrong' foot, he slashed wildly on his 'best' foot and he set up Bird for the miss of the season. When he's in the groove, his pace running at defenders, scares the life out of them.

5 hours ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I'd like to see Waghorn in for NML, fitness allowing.

I can't see a good fit for NML in our current formation, but Warne loves him.

He’s our best attacker and one who provides much needed pace, in fairness. End product was left wanting against Burton but he created a ton of opportunities and should’ve had 2-3 goals himself. 

He played Bird in 2 yards out with an open goal. He deserved an assist for that. 

If he continues to play in this role it will be come more comfortable for him and the more comfortable he is, the better he is and the better for us. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

He’s literally the only player we have with pace. He needs to play. 

I agree he needs to play. But he's clearly much better suited to RW, which it seems Warne doesn't want to use. RWB seemed to leave him caught at both ends last year.

Edited by CollyerDCFC