v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

20 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Strange bit from the Rams TV interview "There might be reasons for certain things but I'm going to keep that under my hat" and then he sort of went onto something else. 

I've not heard the word disappointed or disappointing used so many times before. Bird's injury sounds very bad by the way as if the evening couldn't get any worse, too much pain to describe what the injury was apparently. Did Warne say anything on Radio Derby about Bird, he said on Rams TV he'd find out before that interview. 

What the F...?! Is he mad?

He cannot handle the pressure of manging this Club.

23 minutes ago, TZM said:

What’s happened to the high press that Warne said he’d be implementing from day 1? Has he abandoned it due to the players we have? Instead, we only engaged when the opposition got into our half and then just looked to play it long. Absolutely dire viewing.

We just don’t have the legs or the energy for the high press. 

As someone else said, what happened to an aggressive high press? Well, what happened is that we simply don't have the mobility or stamina to do it. So we back off, get passed through and sit back in our 5 man backline and when the limited opposition we're playing give us the ball back we have no out ball because the only pace is an out of position winger.

Everyone gets frustrated, starts trying passes that aren't there or taking daft risks and we gift goals away.

We huff and puff as teams with a freshly gifted lead sit in and manage the game. Occasionally we get joy from set pieces, but you can't score that many from corners against a professional defence.

Warne has bought these players and sent them out 3 times with 3 poor performances as a result. Burton we got away with.

Now we'll be short of Bird and Ward for a spell. Probably months.

2 weeks to save the season. Need three great loans. Pace, power, strength.

I'd go to a 4 at the back on Saturday and I'd make sure NML starts as a winger.

Rooney, Waghorn, Elder, Washington, Thompson to start.

Edited by Needlesh

7 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I really don't feel we've moved on since this time last year. Was letting Rosenior go a mistake?

That's obviously an impossible question to answer. 

I know it's still early days, the players need to gel blah blah blah but, my god that was grim. The worrying thing is, in my eyes, there isn't really any sign of improvement. I know we won handsomely at Burton but even during that game we often didn't look comfortable. 

23 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I have seen some lows supporting Derby for 50 years but this team and I use the term team loosely is a shambles. I have no idea what our game plan is and going forward I can’t think of any positives from our 3 home games. This is a tough watch. 😢🐑

Without a change they will be crowned the worst team in the club’s history so you may not be far wrong. 

27 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Strange bit from the Rams TV interview "There might be reasons for certain things but I'm going to keep that under my hat" and then he sort of went onto something else. 

I've not heard the word disappointed or disappointing used so many times before. Bird's injury sounds very bad by the way as if the evening couldn't get any worse, too much pain to describe what the injury was apparently. Did Warne say anything on Radio Derby about Bird, he said on Rams TV he'd find out before that interview. 

could potentially put clubs off signing him at least

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

That’s the hilarious thing. Been banging on about a press for months but we just don’t do it. We aren’t capable, but surely he should know that with the Dad’s Army he puts out every week. 

That’s my biggest annoyance with Warne. He talks a good game but actions seem to completely fly in the face of what he says. It‘s almost like he knows what he want, but doesn’t know how to achieve it. 

32 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Is the injury to Bird so bad that he'll have to be sent to Hull for three years to recuperate?

13 minutes ago, SSD said:

Me hoping Nelson passes the ball straight

maxresdefault (1).jpg

He passes it straight tonight.

Straight to one of their players that led to their first goal didn't he?

I know it's early days so I'm trying not to overreact but I really thought Nelson and Bradley would be a major boost to the team and give us a solid foundation. As it is though, they seem to be more of a liability. 

I know many are criticising Warne tonight but he must have something about him to manage to sign two centre halves worse than Claude Davis because I didn’t actually think that was possible but he appears to have pulled it off.  

Four at the back on Saturday please. It was obvious last season and it is obvious to all this season. The lack of organisation, pattern of play and tactics is quite frankly embarrassing and how far backwards we have gone is shocking. That was the worst I have seen since that Sunderland 5-0 in the rain and to be honest, reminiscent of it as well as the Phil Brown glory years. At least it was nice weather tonight.