v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

Burton were rubbish. Like seriously dreadfully rubbish.

It wasn’t a game to write home about for us either, I think the performance as a whole still lacked a lot. But we got a lot it things we “needed” and the 3 points are very, very welcome. A clean sheet and goals for Collins & Washington are important going forward.

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Same tactics but tweaked (I think). Less overlapping from Nelson and Cashin, the press seemed more selective rather than disjointed as before.
No real control in the middle of the park in the first half but much better in the second, but still not really the way we set up to play.
Collins scored a good goal from Hourihane’s set piece which was followed by a pretty impressive cf performance, he held it up at times, brought others into play, pressed when he needed to, and defended in his own box (wasn’t flawless but was good in my view). Bird stepped up and was good in attack and defence, played some lovely passes, broke play up at times, counter attacked….and missed a sitter 🤦🏻‍♂️ but he did set Hourihane up to sweep the ball home.

NML played well in spells and missed a number of chances, on another day he’d have scored and definitely still carries a goal threat.
Defence and gk were anxious and nervy first half but clearly communicating better and they grew in confidence as the game went on, much better second half and the clean sheet will be a big plus.

All the subs looked ok when they came on and played their part, Washington took his goal well. 

Didn’t reinvent the wheel but executed what they needed to and took their chances to finish the game…something we didn’t do often enough last season. Positive day overall, still stuff to work on.

With a selective press and leaving Bradley less isolated, he has addressed some of our issues.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It wasn’t a game to write home about for us either, I think the performance as a whole still lacked a lot. But we got a lot it things we “needed” and the 3 points are very, very welcome. A clean sheet and goals for Collins & Washington are important going forward.

seen us play many rubbish teams and still manage to concede an equaliser in the last 10 minutes. To not only not do that, but score twice was a very nice surprise. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Just got back from the game and have to agree with you , but I thought Nelson looked better today, especially when Burton were on top.

1 hour ago, Pottig said:

So there were people saying it or there weren't?

Obviously it's not the case that nobody has said it, but there are less than a handful of genuine 'Warne-out'ers, no more than a few, one of which is someone who says it for effect, and certainly not 'several' as you claim.

Certainly not enough to warrant the first thought that comes into your head after going 3-0 being to take a pot-shot at other users, to create division that doesn't need to exist with a weird, petty  little post aimed at such an insignificant minority of posters. 

As I've explained, this was also a problem last season. When we went on a good run generally against the weaker teams in the division, were there similar mocking posts 'calling out' anyone who'd previously expressed doubts about Warne, which proved to be just as daft when it all fell apart against the better sides and we slid out of the playoffs.

So I'll repeat, the 3-0 win against Burton is great, you could just focus on that rather than making digs at people? If it wasn't for your post I'd happily be discussing the match right now, rather than dealing with you 

And no, while it's brilliant to finally get one over on Burton at the Pirelli, the result does not change anything - we still need to prove that we can do it against our direct competitors for promotion.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not being funny, but aren't they used to fans of bigger teams taking seats in the home end by now? I assume that's happened a lot since they became a league club?

Not sure why they're bothered? They got beat 3-0 in front of a crowd, instead of an empty ground. There was zero trouble because our fans are class. And once again we've given them the biggest home gate receipt of their season.

Ungrateful plebs.

40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not though? You’d be hard pushed to find many negative comments from me second half.

Maybe so but you do lurch between entirely negative and damned by faint praise. We’re dreadful and deserve to be dreadful and, all things considered everything is ….pretty dreadful and then every now and again just slipping in a little “We are doing quite well now” 

Not saying you should be a happy clapper but can you close the door when you come in, it gets a bit draughty sometimes.

24 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Obviously it's not the case that nobody has said it, but there are less than a handful of genuine 'Warne-out'ers, no more than a few, one of which is someone who says it for effect, and certainly not 'several' as you claim.

Certainly not enough to warrant the first thought that comes into your head after going 3-0 being to take a pot-shot at other users, to create division that doesn't need to exist with a weird, petty  little post aimed at such an insignificant minority of posters. 

As I've explained, this was also a problem last season. When we went on a good run generally against the weaker teams in the division, were there similar mocking posts 'calling out' anyone who'd previously expressed doubts about Warne, which proved to be just as daft when it all fell apart against the better sides and we slid out of the playoffs.

So I'll repeat, the 3-0 win against Burton is great, you could just focus on that rather than making digs at people? If it wasn't for your post I'd happily be discussing the match right now, rather than dealing with you 

And no, while it's brilliant to finally get one over on Burton at the Pirelli, the result does not change anything - we still need to prove that we can do it against our direct competitors for promotion.

I said there were people who needed to give their heads a wobble. There are evidently people who need to give their heads a wobble. I never said there were loads of people calling for his head. I said there were loads of people who needed to stop overreacting. You're either purposely misrepresenting what I said or just misinterpreting it.

It's a forum mate. A place for a bit of a discussion and sometimes a bit of a laugh. Get an early night and I'm sure tomorrow you'll be over me having a few pot shots at prima donnas on here. ✌️

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a great message to the team. If Warne likes you, it doesn't matter how crap you play, you'll still start. If Warne doesn't like you, you can be one of the best players on the pitch and you still won't start.

Aged well 😉😂

or the thing that i said 😉