v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the highlights from yesterday.

Still coming to terms with how a professional footballer can miss an open goal from 4 yards out with no pressure on them, glad it didn't matter in the end.

Ignorant comment. It happens all the time and not just with Derby, even if they are professional players. It happened to both teams yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

It's ok to just admit he missed it Roy. 

He can play really well and still miss a sitter. 9 times out of 10 he puts that in. The 'deviation' or speed of the cross isn't beyond the reaction times of the average professional footballer to adjust accordingly. He fluffed it - and that's ok. 

He didn't miss it - the keeper got to the ball and the slight deflection took the ball behind Bird. That's what keepers are on the pitch to do. You'd have given the credit to Joe if it had been the other way round.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Ignorant comment. It happens all the time and not just with Derby, even if they are professional players. It happened to both teams yesterday.

I've left an extract from a reply you made to a post a week or so ago underneath:-

"Football fans have opinions and are entitled to express them"

Seems you have a short memory.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the highlights from yesterday.

Still coming to terms with how a professional footballer can miss an open goal from 4 yards out with no pressure on them, glad it didn't matter in the end.

Nevermind about new strikers, chances like that are gifts we can't afford to be turning down.

Nice to see as well that it's not just our defenders whom play suicide passes. 

Onwards to Tuesday. 

It's frustrating I concede, especially when it fell at our most technically gifted player's feet, but it's not different to anyone else making a mistake at work. Surgeons, layers, builders, mechanics, it doesn't matter where you ply your trade, you are going to make mistakes. After all, the fact that you are paid to complete a function does not guarantee you'll complete said function perfectly, after all.

*who - I make this error all the time, which is why I noticed! Simplest summary is 'who' for subject, 'whom' for object.

I agree with both angieram and Gee screamer regarding our midfield. We were outplayed for the first 45, they passed and moved through us at will, we should be thankful Stockton wasn't playing as it could easily been a different story given our defenders were still unsure of their roles. Again too much hoofball which given the swirling wind was just daft. I thought Nelson was impressive yesterday and Collins please stay off the wing and in the penalty box. Waghorn is clearly a class above with his thought process and hold up play. Yes I was there and am aware we won but I will still wait for ten games to evaluate if we are going to be up there this season or if we are still too predictable, Warne will only make a sub on 60 and 75 minutes when half time changes are sometimes needed, see you Tuesday 

On 12/08/2023 at 21:40, RadioactiveWaste said:

My guess would be the coms team have had a word with him.

Just brain dumping all your thoughts to the media isn't healthy, pleaese exercise a little discretion mr warne, just a little morsal restraint especially about contracts or club business.

Perhaps there's no budget for media coaching in lowly L1 ? 

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bless him. Never lost to Burton at The Pirelli - in that long running sequence of 3 games. Geography not his strong suit either.  When did they play Southampton.

Overall, a very depressing day and I am gutted that our record of never having lost to the scum in a competitive game at the Pirelli has come to an end. I was very proud of that record and always had that to taunt the Rams that I know. Oh well, perhaps we'll beat them at Pride Park in January. Here's hoping.

You lost me there with the Southampton reference! 

9 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

You lost me there with the Southampton reference! 

Portsmouth call Southampton scummers.  In football terms that's where it's from.  They reckon it's to do with Dock workers from Southampton breaking a strike -Southampton Company of Union Men although that's disputed in some quarters.