v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

Saturday 12th August 2023, 15:00, Pirelli Stadium.

A good chance to pull our fingers out and bounce back from a disappointing start/drag ourselves out of an apocalypse.

I’m looking forward to coming up for this one, we don’t usually fare too well against our Staffordshire neighbours, but I’m confident we can get a win this time.

Edited by Kernow
Missing word

Wildsmith 

Wilson Rooney Cashin Forsyth 

Smith

Bird Thompson

Ward Collins NML  

If we’re gonna be seeing absolute honking mistakes from our defence every match let’s at least blame it on inexperience and developing young talent.

Bird and Thompson banned from our own half when we have possession. First thought forward but don’t be afraid to recycle if you’re being offered nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Saturday 12th August 2023, 15:00, Pirelli Stadium.

A good chance to pull our fingers and bounce back from a disappointing start/drag ourselves out of an apocalypse.

I’m looking forward to coming up for this one, we don’t usually fare too well against our Staffordshire neighbours, but I’m confident we can get a win this time.

It will be a very interesting match. I think they will get into us and look for an early goal, and this game will be a measure of how much fight we have within. I don't think we will out-football them, but we need to be matching them for effort. If we lose, it is inevitable that the heat will be turned up a further notch on Warne. 

Come on you Rams!

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It will be a very interesting match. I think they will get into us and look for an early goal, and this game will be a measure of how much fight we have within. I don't think we will out-football them, but we need to be matching them for effort. If we lose, it is inevitable that the heat will be turned up a further notch on Warne. 

Come on you Rams!

Agreed. Warne has to start with a solid side that’s both set up and determined not to concede first. Stop the rot first and foremost (I am aware it’s only the second league game of the season)

My take is we will definitely continue with 3 at the back as that's what we've recruited for, and that Warne will give his main players a final chance to sort it out:

Wildsmith

Nelson    Bradley    Cashin

Ward    Smith    Hourihane    Forsyth

Mendez-Laing   Bird

Collins

I'm presuming there's no chance of Sibley being fit - a huge shame. If Barks has some minutes in him, he should be on the bench. Warne has got to get it into his skull that NML can't play more than an hour. Have seen nothing at all of Tuesday (thankfully) so I don't know if anyone is pushing for a start or place on the bench, but I think warne is a selection conservative at his core.

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Seeing as the performances have been so bad, don’t suppose anyone’s selling 2 tickets for this are they?! 🤣

Also, some people now have tickets from being on the reserve list at Derby - so some are returning theirs. Are you on that?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Also, some people now have tickets from being on the reserve list at Derby - so some are returning theirs. Are you on that?

No I’m in the 0-5 category and didn’t know about a reserve list. But thanks for letting me know about it. Will get my name down next time 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

The club put back on sale, 32 standing and 4 seat tickets yesterday to 10+ members, some were still there over half an hour later.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm presuming there's no chance of Sibley being fit - a huge shame. If Barks has some minutes in him, he should be on the bench. Warne has got to get it into his skull that NML can't play more than an hour. Have seen nothing at all of Tuesday (thankfully) so I don't know if anyone is pushing for a start or place on the bench, but I think warne is a selection conservative at his core.

I don't know where Warne would play any of those three? Gone are the games of Barks on one wing and NML on the other, more is the pity.