Is Warne living on borrowed time?

32 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Derby wasn't helping we needed to keep hold of the ball not just lump it forward to nobody, Warne is just negative 

It was Fleetwood doing the lumping, but you’re right, we gave it away far too much. Need a midfielder with some guile and intelligence. Basic rule, pass to your own player. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

It was Fleetwood doing the lumping, but you’re right, we gave it away far too much. Need a midfielder with some guile and intelligence. Basic rule, pass to your own player. 

All comes back to a lack of pace/athleticism/agility in the middle of the pitch. Players don’t move off the ball, can’t move with the ball to open up angles… are tired or stretching constantly where the easier thing is to just hook it on. It has to change with the personnel. 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

...As long as you carry on supporting the team as am sure you will then I don't have any issues, it does become tiresome though - as other posters have mentioned tonight - when folks whom have clear agendas about PW start to nit pick about how funny a joke was in an interview for example. That does just seem petty. 

You don't get it do you. It show the kind of bloke he is. You don't think all these ill-thought through post match comments get around to the players? I'm a big fan of Cashin, he's the new Bucko or even Toddy!

I've seen enough of his football 'ethics' to know he's not the kind of football manager I want here, but Clowes does so that's how it goes.

As for his handling of our youngers players, how will Rooney and Tommo and even Sibley get chance to improve if they are never played or are played in positions that they aren't suited for? No wonder our youngsters have been linked with moves away. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't get it do you. It show the kind of bloke he is. You don't think all these ill-thought through post match comments get around to the players? I'm a big fan of Cashin, he's the new Bucko or even Toddy!

I've seen enough of his football 'ethics' to know he's not the kind of football manager I want here, but Clowes does so that's how it goes.

As for his handling of our youngers players, how will Rooney and Tommo and even Sibley get chance to improve if they are never played or are played in positions that they aren't suited for? No wonder our youngsters have been linked with moves away. 

It was just a bit of sarcasm that most people with an iQ of above 10 would have understood, didn't realise our manager had to change to suit our fans it's getting quite boring that some posters scrutinise his interviews to find things to push agendas. 

43 minutes ago, Srg said:

All comes back to a lack of pace/athleticism/agility in the middle of the pitch. Players don’t move off the ball, can’t move with the ball to open up angles… are tired or stretching constantly where the easier thing is to just hook it on. It has to change with the personnel. 

Yes, It disappoints me when they don’t move for each other.  “making yourself available” or  “ anticipation” is fundamental. That said, in the first half Rooney and NML did well and Smithy and Hourihan alternated in joining them. They made old fashioned forward thing duo’s and triangles. We seem a bit flat footed in general. Where’s the straining at the leash on balls of feet to get that half yard over an opponent? 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really not sure what I'm missing here, I heard his interview and the sarcasm was totally plain to me.

I didn't think anything more of it until I saw comments trying to psychoanalyse what the impact of this was on players mental well-being.

I mean really, am sure there are some trained counsellors on this forum somewhere but to take things to that level is really too much.

30 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

It was just a bit of sarcasm that most people with an iQ of above 10 would have understood, didn't realise our manager had to change to suit our fans it's getting quite boring that some posters scrutinise his interviews to find things to push agendas. 

And most people with an IQ of above 10 would understand that a discussion forum is for various views to be expressed. So if you dont agree with people you just call them thick - how intellectual of you.
I have no agenda against PW at all but mentioned Paul's interview yesterday as being weird in tone (not himself which is worrying for him as a person) and particularly the comments about Cash mainly as most people like me were presumably listening in the car full of people in traffic after the match, just heard the of course its Cash's last game bit and all went "what" and missed the rest. Hence presumably the need to clarify after on air. However, will be sure to inform my bosses at work tomorrow to ignore my higher education and prof qualifications as my IQ is in fact less than 10 and sack me now

Listening to warnes pre and post match interviews and the word he uses regularly is grating on me when he keeps saying obviously, it's the same when the dwarf kept saying it is what it is over and over and Nigel Clough going errm err err

When warne first come on it was entertaining but obviously not now 🤪

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cocu was great developing the youngsters, unfortunately that development stalled under Wazza.

14 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

72 points over season, safe in mid table during a traumatic rebuild. Reckon he's safe. DC is hopefully looking longer term than just a few games.

Really does suggest how far we have fallen that we are happy to be safe in mid table in league 1. Never thought I’d see this. I’d be happy to see a team play good football and see players develop to make derby money in the future. Next season will yet again be another rebuild where no money will come in for players so we have to rely on clowes to pump money in which I can not see happening? 

2 hours ago, jono said:

We’ve got Hourihane who should be the best in the division at being ‘tidy’ tbf. 

23 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

72 points over season, safe in mid table during a traumatic rebuild. Reckon he's safe. DC is hopefully looking longer term than just a few games.

A mid table finish would only be acceptable if a young squad was being built, with players being developed for sale or ability to play at a higher level.

Someone has made a choice to build an experienced squad. That really means only top 6 minimum is good enough and even then you're in the same position again in a year if you don't win them, with players one year older, some to replace because they're out of contract / finished, no players to sell to do it etc etc.

25 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Despite the signings coming in saying promotion is the aim? Despite Warne saying similar and calling last season a failure? 

I think any lower than play offs and Clowes may have difficult questions for the manager…

Just now, nottingram said:

A mid table finish would only be acceptable if a young squad was being built, with players being developed for sale or ability to play at a higher level.

Someone has made a choice to build an experienced squad. That really means only top 6 minimum is good enough and even then you're in the same position again in a year if you don't win them, with players one year older, some to replace because they're out of contract / finished, no players to sell to do it etc etc.

This x 10. 
If there was a genuine rebuild with the midterm in mind (Robinson, Rooney, Thompson getting plenty of minutes, lots more Wilson type signings etc) then I think fans would swallow mid table but when you’ve spent the budget on marquee experiences pros then it’s about the here and the now not about the next season. 

Next season we are without Bird and probably Cashin if we don’t go up. If reports are to believed £5m and two excellent young players lost.