Is Warne living on borrowed time?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was more concerned about him saying he wanted to sign another right wing back. What's he going to do with the other two when they're fit again? 🤔 

I would hope it’s a loan to January. It *should* be fairly easy to go to a prem club, show them the 2 injuries and convince them to loan us a youngster who will get a load of game-time.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I would hope it’s a loan to January. It *should* be fairly easy to go to a prem club, show them the 2 injuries and convince them to loan us a youngster who will get a load of game-time.

That's not so bad, then! 

Although I'd rather we stuck with four at the back.

Edited by angieram

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was more concerned about him saying he wanted to sign another right wing back. What's he going to do with the other two when they're fit again? 🤔 

I presume a 3 month loan and someone who can right back as well as RWB  

Just now, sage said:

He is a bit of a liability in defence IMO but is good on the ball 

I'd say that applies to at least one if not both of our existing wingbacks.

In fact I think Rooney is already the best defender of the three.

Of course, I wouldn't be playing him at wingback, I'd play him at right back, threading those lovely balls up to NML. He did really well with that today.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd say that applies to at least one if not both of our existing wingbacks.

In fact I think Rooney is already the best defender of the three.

Of course, I wouldn't be playing him at wingback, I'd play him at right back, threading those lovely balls up to NML. He did really well with that today.

I would largely agree but you wouldn't play them in a 4 either. PW says he wants pace but will probably sign 75 year old Mick Coop

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

Exactly - we are not only poor playing with a RWB anyway but 3 of them? So Rooney doesn’t get a game or even Bardell - so NML doesn't play on the right hand side. 

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

Warne was asked very specifically by Ed Dawes whether it was his last game, because he'd walked right round the pitch clapping all four stands (something he's done every match at Pride Park I've seen him in!)

It was very clear the reply was sarcastic. 

It was clear to everyone apart from the vocal few who will pick fault with everything he does and says until he's gone.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

I've previously said that I like Warne and that his sometimes offbeat comments sort of reflect how I'd be when put in is position.

Not coming out with the expected tropes and occasionally being too self-critical,  at times too honest not to caveat some of the stuff I've said for fear of being misconstrued. Filterless but also weirdly cautious. I understand it. I empathise.

When he starts talking absolute b*******,  making excuses and coming out with contradictory nonsense which changes from one minute to the next to cover his own back... it reminds me of the worst characteristics that I myself can be and often am guilty of.

I don't want that in a football manager charged with taking us back to the Championship FFS. Great bloke even with a bit of cringe but SHUT THE f*** UP sometimes, y'know?

Just to be completely clear is this absolute b******* and contradictory nonsense, which I hear you are often guilty of?  

😉

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. 

I agree too

If Fleetwood weren't abysmal and had scored from one of the situations they created when picking the ball up in the massive space left back there once we switched, which better teams have already taken advantage of, well, I don't know what I'd be saying now but it wouldn't have been as clever a move as he thought it was and the stench of egg would be emanating throughout Derby for about a week.

Edited by Kokosnuss