Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

On 15/04/2024 at 12:09, Crewton said:

Middlesbrough's Mr Fit & Proper features regularly in Private Eye in articles covering the dispute between the South Tees Development Corporation, of which Gibson was deputy Chair, and a local company PD Ports Ltd in which The former were trying to bully the latter into accepting their demands over land access rights. This month's article gives a glimpse of Gibson's finely honed negotiation skills:

IMG_20240415_115428483-01.thumb.jpeg.452ddd4f633f2742cefcb2da9ac233b2.jpeg

Suffice to say a judge subsequently ruled in favour of PDP and ordered STDC to pay 90% of their costs of £1.2m.

Nice one, Mr Fuzzy-Wig!

The case then went back to the EFL who ruled in favour of Gibson...

15 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Looks like it's Leicester and Ipswich then. Gives us hope for next season. 

Don’t really think we can compare. Both have bigger budgets, better players and more or less the same core of players for a couple of years now.

It’s nice seeing Ipswich do well though.

They were so unlucky not to go back up in the days of Joe Royle. Played some great stuff.

Hysterical comment from a Leeds fan on the BBC Sport website under the match report. 

As a Leeds fan, I have to say how annoying it is that so many teams turn into Barcelona when they play us after being mediocre against other teams. It's a form of cheating really; if they can play like that against Leeds, why can't they play like that all the time?

wheels coming GIF by FirstAndMonday

Edited by Bob The Badger

Leicester breaking financial rules to get promoted to the Premier League again makes an absolute joke of the whole thing. They might get a points deduction, but they'll also get £135M minimum to enable them to make themselves strong again for their next time in the championship. They need a "proceeds of crime" rule for football.

2 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

One game to go - Birmingham still in the relegation zone 🤞

Looks like they've got to win against Norwich. Point won't be enough.

Edited by Mr. P

35 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Be interesting to see what Bielik and Buchanan do if they are relegated. They were quick to jump ship with us and hardly panned out well for them. 

Can’t really blame either.

Buchanan was offered a chance to join a Bundesliga club. 

And Bielik was always going to go as his wages were unsustainable.

Both joining Birmingham permanently was a bit odd though.

I expected both to be doing better. 

I'd be taking a bit of the 3/1 on offer for Plymouth to be relegated. Birmingham have been in this position before and got out, I recall one where they scored two very late goals having looked buried. They both have tough last games but I'd rather be playing a Norwich side who are basically in the playoffs with their superior GD to playing Hull who are the ones chasing. Birmingham do need a win and if they get it so do Plymouth. 

Saying all of that Wednesday and Blackburn are not out of this by a long way. Both need a point to be sure but both have tricky away games. Wins for Plymouth and Birmingham who are at least both at home would see one of those two go down instead if they were to lose. 

Edited by TheTinMan

Whereas I want to lmao at them getting relegated, I'd much rather be playing Wednesday and/or Bormingam than Blackburn or Plymouth.

Unless I can get a ticket to Plymouth because it's my nearest game, in which case I'll be selfish and take Plymouth.