Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

That worked out well.

Weird timing though after their least winnable fixture - they lost to Leicester (everyone has) and had a player sent off - I’d guess the owners had already made the decision but wanted another loss to confirm they were justified in getting shot…

48 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Weird timing though after their least winnable fixture - they lost to Leicester (everyone has) and had a player sent off - I’d guess the owners had already made the decision but wanted another loss to confirm they were justified in getting shot…

Like Heckingbottom’s situation. The only way you save you’re job is by winning you’re next game, now let’s just check the fixtures list, who is your next game against, oh yes, too if the league. Good luck with that. 

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

3 promoted clubs all in the bottom three. Forest and Bournemouth, two clubs promoted the season before, make up the bottom five. Meanwhile in the Championship, the three relegated from the PL make up the top four.

Why bother?

Brentford are top half

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

3 promoted clubs all in the bottom three. Forest and Bournemouth, two clubs promoted the season before, make up the bottom five. Meanwhile in the Championship, the three relegated from the PL make up the top four.

Why bother?

All 3 promoted teams stayed up last season as much as I wanted forest to get relegated. Of the 3 teams that came up this season only Burnley had immediately bounced back to the premier league. 14 clubs out of the 20 currently in the premier league have at sometime played in the EFL since the premier leagues inception in 1992. Several of these clubs have in fact  played in leagues 1&2, Luton actually fell out of the EFL altogether should these teams have thought why bother or would you prefer our leagues to be like the USA and have no promotion or relegation. As much as it pains me to say it I’d love to swap positions with forest right now.