Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

16 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

Birmingham is going to be a “powerhouse” according to the American owner.  He admits the firing of Eustace was a bit hasty.  Sounds confident - I’d say smug - in this interview…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68771261

Bit mean, I know - but I’m willing him to fail.

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans

2 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Birmingham is going to be a “powerhouse” according to the American owner.  He admits the firing of Eustace was a bit hasty.  Sounds confident - I’d say smug - in this interview…

They’re going to build a 60,000 seater stadium apparently and spend the most of any championship side in history in the summer - which won’t change even if they’re relegated.

The bloke sounds like an out-of-touch lunatic with a new toy, obviously these types always have a happy ending so I look forward to the conclusion. 

It’s like when Darlington moved into their 25,000 seater stadium and left 20,000 empty seats. Birmingham have never really been well supported despite the size of the city. 20-25 seems like their level so that’s potentially 35-40,000 empty seats and a huge billion pound project for nothing more than vanity. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

They’re going to build a 60,000 seater stadium apparently and spend the most of any championship side in history in the summer - which won’t change even if they’re relegated.

The bloke sounds like an out-of-touch lunatic with a new toy, obviously these types always have a happy ending so I look forward to the conclusion. 

It’s like when Darlington moved into their 25,000 seater stadium and left 20,000 empty seats. Birmingham have never really been well supported despite the size of the city. 20-25 seems like their level so that’s potentially 35-40,000 empty seats and a huge billion pound project for nothing more than vanity. 

I'd shave about 4,000 of that. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

A 60,000 state of the art stadium in Small Heath absolutely beggars belief.

It'd never get built as all those cheery locals would be continually making off with the materials.....

11 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

We can all talk the talk...but walking the walk is a difficult tightrope when you're Birmingham City 👎

I get a perverted sense of joy when seeing the 2nd city club in the relegation zone, Hindsight is a wonderful thing...who was the expert that decided Eustace wasn't the man to carry on his good work?, Who was the man who decided Rooney was the man to lead the charge to the promised land?

WR(i still like the fella)was a figurehead a known "soccer" personality that will give the blue noses the impetus to move forward, Nope, After his walk out from DCFC and his utter failure in the USA soccer grounds shows what they did not know.

The snake is now in charge, He's got the job until seasons end which makes my joy even more euphoric if the blue noses get relegated, I'm a vengeful bas***d where those who wish our club to die, I'm a vengeful bas***d when those who were our manager jump ship for 5 pieces of silver.

Yes what goes around has the ability to come around and bite ya on the bum...happy days ☺️ 

giphy.gif&ehk=AA6FzsIDMxe9jCwqCU7T7M9lCk

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Out of touch lunatic - I like that!  He’s certainly way too confident - he says something like “I’ve made thousands of decisions since I got here and perhaps got one wrong” - the firing of Eustace.  Out of all those decisions - what colour should we paint the toilet walls, who should be our pie supplier?”  - the only one he got wrong was the mega-super important one - the one that could (fingers crossed) see them relegated! 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What could possibly go wrong.....

I think that stadium in Darlington has been demolished for houses now.

Rebuild St Andrews with a bit more capacity and a bit less asbestos perhaps?

The stadium is still there. One of the Darlington Rugby clubs purchased it.