Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mowbray picked up 10 points from 6 games.

Rowett picked up 11 points from 8 games.

Eustace picked up 18 points from 11 games.

Under three competent different managers they picked up 39 points from 25 games.

How on earth did they go down?

Because the football gods realised they were w****** and deserved it.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Loads of cash was £2.7m and £4.3m? 

The excellent young coach is the key.

They lost a huge amount didn’t they? They had good players from where they’d backed previous managers who’d failed. But yeah he’s an exceptional young talented manager with a future at the top. Just worth remembering that they’ll have lost another fortune this season before the premier league promotion money comes in. A risk that’s paid off for them. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

They lost a huge amount didn’t they? They had good players from where they’d backed previous managers who’d failed. But yeah he’s an exceptional young talented manager with a future at the top. Just worth remembering that they’ll have lost another fortune this season before the premier league promotion money comes in. A risk that’s paid off for them. 

We lost money this season too btw. And undoubtedly will lose money next season. Ipswich had new owners come in in Apr 2021 and changed the manager to the current one in Dec 2021. 

How much is a fortune btw, I'm not an Ipswich fan so don't know?

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We lost money this season too btw. And undoubtedly will lose money next season. Ipswich had new owners come in in Apr 2021 and changed the manager to the current one in Dec 2021. 

How much is a fortune btw, I'm not an Ipswich fan so don't know?

The figures published for last season included substantial costs that were accrued during Mel's time which became due only after we came out of administration, so it will be interesting to see what this season's losses are in comparison.

4 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Rosenior sacked at Hull.

WTAF? 😳

You look at some of the players they either signed permanently or on loan from the Premier League, reminds me a bit of us under Frank Lampard. The likes of Philogene, Delap, Carvalho, Morton etc probably won't mean much now but in hindsight in a few years we'll probably be saying how did they not at least get top 6? They've done okay but I wasn't that surprised to see him get the boot in truth because the owner is throwing some resource behind it.