Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

Posted (edited)

So the second placed team just needs to avoid defeat at home to a team already relegated to gain automatic promotion. While the team in third place can take second place on goal difference if they can win their game against the team in forth and hope the team in second fail to get the point they need. 

Mmmm this is all sounding very familiar. Hope the Tractor Boys have got their flags and flares ready.

And someone tell the pubs in Ipswich to order more beer.

As for the Dirties, enjoy the play-offs 😎

and don't forget to take your twirly scarfs, to reminded you of your last play-off game.

Edited by 1of4

31 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Struggling to pick which game to watch. I'd love to see Leeds fail again, but then I'd also love to see Birmingham go down at home. Decisions.

I've gone for the Birmingham game - I'd love to watch them go down.

Having said that, I do rate a couple of their players, Stansfield and Miyoshi in particular. Wouldn't mind us taking a look at them this summer.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I chose birmingham with my party hat at the ready...

C'mon Birmingham City, do it for Digbeth coach station, do it for the new bullring, do it for M42/M6 interchange, just soak up the concrete that flows in Brummy veins and capitulate like you know you want to.

Posted (edited)

Actually watching the final day on Sky. So conflicted. Ipswich are winning which means Leeds are in Play Offs, but it also gives Birmingham a better chance of staying up.

So now I need to obsess over Plymouth. When have I ever obsessed over Plymouth?

Got the Birmingham game on, theres been a medical stoppage in the stands, every chance this match will run after the other games are finished.

Hmm "Small bone" has put Soton in front against the Dirties.

Edited by Chopper

Posted (edited)

Just seen Ipswich are on track via a Wes Burns goal, he's a great example of one of those players who looked very very average at Bristol for years, but in his late 20s its all clicked for him at Ipswich and he's had a phenomenal 3 seasons!

One reason I try not to write off players we sign before they've played a bit. You know never know who will settle and find their best form where

Edited by abertawe_ram

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Actually watching the final day on Sky. So conflicted. Ipswich are winning which means Leeds are in Play Offs, but it also gives Birmingham a better chance of staying up.

I wouldn’t worry about Ipswich’s result against Huddersfield. Huddersfield were down anyway but for an extraordinary swing in goal difference. Birminghams fate was always going to be deduced at Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth.

mind you, I wouldn’t mind seeing hull sneak into the play offs. So nothing but a Birmingham loss for me today.