Michael Smith

DCFC1388

45 minutes ago, admira said:

Wednesday boss says Smith going nowhere. 

Back to the drawing board. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/wednesday-michael-smith-derby-link-27463019

Tbf - the report seems to say its total nonsense and Smith definitely isn't leaving. What the manager seems to actually have said is a more general - he doesn't know anything about it and wants players in not out?

48 minutes ago, admira said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/wednesday-michael-smith-derby-link-27463019

Quite a contradictory headline that. Cos nowhere in the article does the manager say he's not going anywhere. Just says he wants players in.

Sheffield Star are reporting that we have come forward with a loan bid. 

Maybe he's the loan Warne is on about.

2 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

This is, without doubt, the most farcical episode since Cloughie introduced Ian Moore to us after a game as “Our latest signing” days before the latter turned out for Man U!

(It just needs Michael to play for us against Wigan later today alongside Waggy!)

I’d say the collapsed deal for Kieftenbeld was more farcical than this one, that was supposedly a done deal with paperwork signed and sent….and it all went to pot, this is just rumours and speculation for now. 

7 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

This is, without doubt, the most farcical episode since Cloughie introduced Ian Moore to us after a game as “Our latest signing” days before the latter turned out for Man U!

(It just needs Michael to play for us against Wigan later today alongside Waggy!)

A national media outlet linked Warne with a former player, everything from their side seems to say either he won’t be going or he’s going to cost money we don’t have. Seems to pretty standard, and likely not true to begin with - file under lazy journalism. 

I think the fact he was on the Wednesday bench, means he's not first choice, then they brought on 2 other forwards, and then after Southampton took the lead, he brought on a midfielder..and so Smith, last years top goalscorer wasn't even thought of...speaks volumes of his managers intentions.

I would suggest he will definitely leave this window..just whether we can afford him is the issue!

3 hours ago, admira said:

Somewhat cryptic comments by him… but I don’t read it like that… seems to me that he’s covering his bases in case he can’t bring new players in… but if he can then it’s possible he may be surplus… ie what PW has been saying… that a possible transfer in at DCFC somewhat relies on another club bringing in new players themselves first..

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

Only by us the fans speculating at every possible corner.

the club are sensibly being v tight lipped