James Collins

admira

A few more media outlets have confirmed the interest. However, unless Collins is a big earner and we think we can find better for the wage he's on i really can't see this happening. In which case, if he was on that much then i doubt Shrewsbury would be able to afford him.

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

A few more media outlets have confirmed the interest. However, unless Collins is a big earner and we think we can find better for the wage he's on i really can't see this happening. In which case, if he was on that much then i doubt Shrewsbury would be able to afford him.

Seen these but there's a suggestion it's the wrong James Collins and it's actually a young lad from Watford. Journalists heard the name and picked the wrong one?

57 minutes ago, Gladram said:

Seen these but there's a suggestion it's the wrong James Collins and it's actually a young lad from Watford. Journalists heard the name and picked the wrong one?

I was willing to believe that when it was some random on a message-board posting it, but I doubt local journalists would be making that kind of mistake.  Not that local journos are infallible or anything, but if they're anything like the ones we have, they'll have a had a quiet word with their contact at the club and at least got a rough idea what's going on.  Leigh Curtis and Dom Dietrich were both clearly getting some degree of inside info on the Max Bird bid rumours pretty quickly, for example.

It's still a rumour that literally makes no sense from our perspective though.

8 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe Collins goes if we get Smith & Waggy in, then its frees up space for a 4th pacey striker?

Smith, Washington, Waggy & Collins / NEW

Might actually be something in this, id be pretty disappointed he's looked great in pre season and I think this will be a big year for him. But if PW fancies Smith and a bit of pace more then it would make sense.